Allow config of max drive value

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
odie

Allow config of max drive value

Unread post by odie »

Hi,

let's assume you are using the following configuration:

[TRX] ==max 5w==> [Power Amplifier] ==max 50w==> [ATU] ====> [Antenna]

My tuner will propably die if I would tune it with 50W so I set the drive slider to a low value. In order to prevent accidently alteration of this value above a certain point, it would be of benefit to be able to configure a "max. drive power level" for tuning and maybe as well as for normal transmission somewhere in the config.

If I would for example set the "max. drive power level" to 40 and would then move the slider to 50, it immediately moves back to 40.

Thanks and 73
odie

Max

Re: Allow config of max drive value

Unread post by Max »

Hi Odie

I'm not sure if these options are the same for all transmitters (this is for my Hermes Lite 2) but as far as I know they are. Can be set on a band by band basis. (See attached image).

What's missing (unless I missed it) is the option to preset the drive for ALL frequencies instead of having to do it band by band. Simon?

By the way, it sets the drive that you will see when the master slider on the main TX DSP panel is set to 100%. I think that's actually better than what you requested because it sets YOUR 100% value.

But Simon, how about a "master" setting in addition to the frequency specific? Or the ability to be able to highlight more than on row in the table to adjust those rows simultaneously would also be good? But a "Master" drive with tick box enable would be best of all perhaps?

Max
Attachments
Drives.jpg