A function similar to Uniden's Close Call

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
Viper777

A function similar to Uniden's Close Call

Unread post by Viper777 »

Hi,

Great software! Already donated $25 for this very useful software - actually turned away from AIRSPY to use this one. Thanks!

Has anyone suggested to have the ability to simulate Close Call? For example if you are monitoring the UHF CB band and the range of the band-scope covers it, then the strongest transmission will automatically be played and the frequency locked on - one then can choose to stay there or automatically have it resume searching for the next modulated strongest signal - but have it actively use the squelch level to reject weaker transmissions and you only want the strongest signal. If someone is closeby to one's house and one doesn't want to be fox hunted, you will know straight away if they transmit without looking at the scope. I know SDRs may trip up this functionality with spikes that stay there, birdies etc but the option to lock those out may solve them.

Just curious if this could be done - not really a biggie as I have Close Call all the time on many units but with people having only a SDR setup, this may be useful.

Thanks!

Simon G4ELI

Re: A function similar to Uniden's Close Call

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

It could be done but tuning in a SSB station isn't easy and many good ideas are patented.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!