Reset Tune to zero

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
Max

Reset Tune to zero

Unread post by Max »

OK here is my scenario. I tune up at low power. Accidentally leave Tune power slider at Max. Turn on linear. Make some contacts on that frequency. Totally forget Tune slider is left at full.

Next time come to tune on a different frequency but accidentally with linear still engaged. Of course Tune is still at full level, but unseen until Tune button is pressed. Linear complains loudly with error message (and possibly blown LDMOS!).

My point is there is no way of knowing what the Tune level slider is set to until engaging Tune mode.

So my request is to either add a separate slider underneath Drive for the Tune level OR add a button underneath the Tune button with "Reset Tune" or some such to reset slider to zero prior to engaging Tune.

I personally favour the latter. Quick click of "Reset Tune" button then good to go. But separate slider just as good. Just that button probably takes up less space and does the job. Should ONLY reset Tune slider and not Drive slider!

Max

Max

Re: Reset Tune to zero

Unread post by Max »

Max wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:20 pm My point is there is no way of knowing what the Tune level slider is set to until engaging Tune mode.

So my request is to either add a separate slider underneath Drive for the Tune level OR add a button underneath the Tune button with "Reset Tune" or some such to reset slider to zero prior to engaging Tune.
Or a timer that (maybe optionally in the settings - tick box), in the background, returns Tune slider to zero after 10 seconds of "Tune" inactivity? Actually that might be neater?

Max

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Or Reset when user clicks on TX or activates VOX maybe?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Max

Unread post by Max »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:07 pm Or Reset when user clicks on TX or activates VOX maybe?
Yes, I guess, although it would still be possible to leave the Tune slider up and then get distracted and hence not go on to TX and the slider would then be in the "mystery" position again. It's the fact that on pushing the Tune button you could still have a situation where you have no idea or indication of where the slider was last left.

Max