Extend bandwidth for Pluto Plus

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
W6PUY

Extend bandwidth for Pluto Plus

Unread post by W6PUY »

Thanks for SDR Console ! It is my favorite. I am using Pluto Plus which reportedly offers 60 Mhz bandwidth. My SDR v3 running on Windows 8.1 on 64-bit PC only allows 6 MHz. How can I utilize more bandwidth in receive-only mode ?

jdow

Re: Extend bandwidth for Pluto Plus

Unread post by jdow »

Making sure Simon gets or has a Pluto Plus might make a difference.

{o.o}

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

W6PUY wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:49 pm Thanks for SDR Console ! It is my favorite. I am using Pluto Plus which reportedly offers 60 Mhz bandwidth. My SDR v3 running on Windows 8.1 on 64-bit PC only allows 6 MHz. How can I utilize more bandwidth in receive-only mode ?
Is this the Chinese copy? I doubt it supports 60MHz but it may. Can you supply a link?

There will be a Pluto Next Generation from AD soon, this is USB3 and a nice radio, hoping to get one.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

W6PUY

Unread post by W6PUY »

Yes I bought this gadget from the communists - the Analog Devices chips are probably illegal copies as well - no manuals, no support, no respect for intellectual property of others, not ready to play in the major leagues, yet they persist.

I was snooping about the XML files in user/AppData/Roaming/SDRconsole using my firefox browser and I noticed that the parameters relate to "ADALM PLUTO" which is the legitimate SDR. Would it be possible to edit the radio definition parameters in your XML file to allow SDR Console to display the entire 70 cm ham band in the spectrum display ?

W6PUY

Unread post by W6PUY »

Sorry about previous dumb question - it is obvious that the bandwidth parameters must be in your .dll and not capable of user edit as in the .xml file. By the way, it appears that high and low frequency parameters in Console Radio definitions seem to have no effect.

W6PUY

Unread post by W6PUY »

[/quote]

Is this the Chinese copy? I doubt it supports 60MHz but it may. Can you supply a link?

There will be a Pluto Next Generation from AD soon, this is USB3 and a nice radio, hoping to get one.
[/quote]
W6PUY wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:18 pm
Here is the link you requested:

posting.php?mode=quote&f=53&t=1694&p=8779#preview

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

W6PUY wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:58 pm Sorry about previous dumb question - it is obvious that the bandwidth parameters must be in your .dll and not capable of user edit as in the .xml file. By the way, it appears that high and low frequency parameters in Console Radio definitions seem to have no effect.
If the item you are asking about has USB 2 rather than USB 3 get your belly laugh and feeling of wise superiority as you throw it our of your mind. Somebody might cram 60 msps through a USB 2 link if they use one bit per sample. Otherwise it's impossible. That's an easy scam detection.

(And the link you posted is simple a posting link here on this forum. Maybe try again?)

{^_-}

W6PUY

Re: Extend bandwidth for Pluto Plus - CORRECT LINK

Unread post by W6PUY »

sorry about that, correct link is below:

https://github.com/plutoplus/plutoplus

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Ah, Ethernet. I'd not expect much more than 40 MHz bandwidth to be usable for one channel read only. For two RX plus 2 TX much less - unless you drop to 8 bit samples.
{o.o}