PI count in RDS window

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
ukdx

PI count in RDS window

Unread post by ukdx »

I make use of the receive matrix during Sporadic E on BII with 12 virtual receivers each displaying RDS when I'm away from the PC at work. I'm used to seeing random PI's appear but if the PI count could be added to each RX RDS window it would indicate a much higher probability of a real decode and not a false decode. The PI count is shown in the RDS database so hopefully it's not difficult to make available as an option in the RDS window?

Simon G4ELI

Re: PI count in RDS window

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Agreed - I'll think about this. After the PI Code has been returned twice in succession, we can be sure it's correct - 3 times then it really must be.

I've also been thinking about the database, exporting data in a more human-readable format similar to the way your email client shows mails for today, yesterday etc.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Herman

Unread post by Herman »

Hi,

That would be a great improvement for FMDXing.

PA3BTS

Unread post by PA3BTS »

Hi all,

I'm using the export data option from the database as well using csv format. This allows me to quickly assess what I've received by sorting (MHz, PI Code, PI Code #). My rule says: PI Code and Station info (PS Code) is a confirmed hit, PI Code without PS Code is only a hit when more than 5 PC Code # hits are counted.
Maybe a bit off topic: I'm making recordings which I analyse by playing back with as much sub receivers as my computer allows. The subreceivers are defined and stored in Favourites banks. By using a selfmade AutoHotkey the playback is repeated with each time a different set of subreceivers to cover the whole 20 MHz recording (Elad FDM-S3). The script makes use of keyboard shortcuts to activate Console functions.

73, Cornel

PA3BTS

Unread post by PA3BTS »

AutoHotkey script, that is...