RDS Database - "fat finger" protection

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
DaveB

RDS Database - "fat finger" protection

Unread post by DaveB »

I am always careful when exporting the RDS database as a csv file, and so far I've avoided accidentally clicking the delete button instead of the Export csv button, which are next to each other But sooner or later.....someone will commit the fatal error.

So my request is simply. Please reorder the buttons to Delete, [blank gap], Reload, Export csv, Export Txt, Export XML - to protect users from an "aaaarrrggghhhh!" event.

DaveB

jdow

Re: RDS Database - "fat finger" protection

Unread post by jdow »

Um, "reload" is also dangerous to your new data. Would an "are you sure?" question be a better solution?
{o.o}

DaveB

Re: RDS Database - "fat finger" protection

Unread post by DaveB »

jdow wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:34 pm Um, "reload" is also dangerous to your new data. Would an "are you sure?" question be a better solution?
{o.o}
Followed by a "are you really, really sure?" in case one is not paying attention :D

Off-topic but relevant to the conversation. Many years ago when computers were first introduced at work and hard drives were coming into use, the labelling of drives was not consistent. Normally A: and B: were floppy drives, and C: was the hard drive. So the IT geek decides he wants to re-format a floppy disk, and decides to use the accounts computer to do so. Unfortunatelyl the hard drive was disc A: :oops:
So he asks the person who uses the computer if he could have the back up of the software - "What's that?" they said :oops: :oops: :oops: It cost a lot of money to pay for (I think) Solomon to recover the data.