S-Meter's dBm full scale value

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
IK0BGG

S-Meter's dBm full scale value

Unread post by IK0BGG »

Hi Simon,
I like very much to use the S-Meter in the dBm mode because I think it provides more useful information than the S points mode.
Unfortunately the full scale of 0 dBm is a too high value, so the useful field is limited to only a third of the available scale.
I kindly ask you to put a full scale of -70 dBm, or better, to leave to choose the full scale value.
Thank you in advance.
Best 73 de Angelo IK0BGG

jdow

Re: S-Meter's dBm full scale value

Unread post by jdow »

It is user adjustable.
{^_^}

Max

Unread post by Max »

dBm.jpg

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

(I was trying to get him to think for himself. Always take a tour of settings adjusting them to see what they do. Then set each one back to original as you go through the set. That tends to answer questions like his before they start. I probably should have suggested the excellent but atypical, perhaps atypically excellent, documentation on www.sdr-radio.com itself.)
{^_-}

IK0BGG

Unread post by IK0BGG »

Thanks for the very kind answers to my request, but my question on the S-Meter full scale value has been misunderstood.
The View-Scale regulation only affects the power levels of the spectrum window, NOT the S-Meter's scale that remains with a full scale value of 0 dBm.
I would like to change the full scale value of the S-Meter when switched to dBm readings.

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

IK0BGG wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:55 pm Thanks for the very kind answers to my request, but my question on the S-Meter full scale value has been misunderstood.
The View-Scale regulation only affects the power levels of the spectrum window, NOT the S-Meter's scale that remains with a full scale value of 0 dBm.
I would like to change the full scale value of the S-Meter when switched to dBm readings.

You can't at the moment.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!