Status window

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
jdow

Re: Status window

Unread post by jdow »

Um, that "status bar" is the official place for status information in Windows.
{o.o}

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

PA3BAK wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:55 am Hi Simon,

By accident I saw this message appearing 'ADC Overload, please reduce RF Gain', in the middle of the screen, at the bottom. I must have overseen this message in the first place.

My suggestion: create a easily visible, permanent status window at a fixed position, preferably at the top, where such messages are displayed. This window could show continuously 'OK' as long as there are no problems/warnings.

73s

Axel, PA3BAK
Maybe I should change the colours when display such an Alert?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Maybe something more dramatic, like a full blue screen like Windows does when it chokes! lol
Yes, that little red LED on the SDR-iq flickers next to the very laptop I am typing on, which happens to be SDRC Server Super Station #1. To turn the light off after the user has been operating it in overload, I have to connect to it, operate it at the "normal" settings of +12 dB of IF Gain and +0 dB of RF Gain to extinguish the annoying LED and disconnect.
For the life of me I can't figure out why users have to run all the gains to the max, but I digress. :roll:

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Oh golly - it should blink the house lights and run a siren as well. This is so critical it could cause Russia to deploy its nukes! I mean this is a world ending problem!
{O.O}

{O,o}