2nd receiver slice for Hermes-Lite

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
Darryl

2nd receiver slice for Hermes-Lite

Unread post by Darryl »

I think this feature may still be mentioned in the Hermes-Lite section, but I wanted to give it more visibility with this feature request.

There is a new build of Hermes-Lite taking place as we speak, so there will be even more users of this great little SDR QRP rig very soon. SDR Console really makes it shine!

Regards,

Darryl
N0DP

Max

Re: 2nd receiver slice for Hermes-Lite

Unread post by Max »

Hi Darryl

Unfortunately Simon has just confirmed on the IO Group (Test Team) that he has no imminent plans to implement multiple receiver slices with HL2. I think that's a pity because it would be a nice feature to have although TBH I'm not sure how often I would use it myself.

But I agree, maybe an important feature to some, and yes, there will soon be a great many more HL2 users because it's obvious from comments in the various groups and also the brisk trade in the secondhand HL2 market that there is an eager market out there for this latest build from Makerfabs. I've actually ordered a second one for myself just to use as a transverter driver.

Max

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Max wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:07 pm Hi Darryl

Unfortunately Simon has just confirmed on the IO Group (Test Team) that he has no imminent plans to implement multiple receiver slices with HL2. I think that's a pity because it would be a nice feature to have although TBH I'm not sure how often I would use it myself.

But I agree, maybe an important feature to some, and yes, there will soon be a great many more HL2 users because it's obvious from comments in the various groups and also the brisk trade in the secondhand HL2 market that there is an eager market out there for this latest build from Makerfabs. I've actually ordered a second one for myself just to use as a transverter driver.

Max
Nice to have - yes, but would it be used? I do have the logic in place for multiple slices, it's just not enabled.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Max

Unread post by Max »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:43 am
Max wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:07 pm Hi Darryl

Unfortunately Simon has just confirmed on the IO Group (Test Team) that he has no imminent plans to implement multiple receiver slices with HL2.
Nice to have - yes, but would it be used? I do have the logic in place for multiple slices, it's just not enabled.
I am very sure this would be a very popular feature Simon, even more so if you could enable to 10 RX slice version. There seem to be many people on the Hermes Lite group who skim data section of the all the bands simultaneously. I think you would gain a lot of users from HL2 just from this feature alone. If it was there I might get hooked on it myself!

As mentioned elsewhere, new run of HL2 is running soon so a lot more users will be looking for software, and we all know which is the best! I am happy to test. I'm sure there are others who would too. Might get some from the HL2 Google group who could be persuaded to try SDRC on this feature alone.

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

Max wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:19 am There seem to be many people on the Hermes Lite group who skim data section of the all the bands simultaneously. I think you would gain a lot of users from HL2 just from this feature alone.

Max
Forgot to mention, one of the multi-band "skimmers" on HL2 Group is HL2 creator, Steve Haynal himself. He's currently using SparkSDR I believe, as do most others for this function.

Max

K1FSY

Unread post by K1FSY »

I would use this feature and was considering requesting it or seeing how it was going based on the HL2 group's feedback. I use my HL2 as a transverter driver for 2 meter weak signal primarily and am very happy with SDR console and the ability to park a virtual receiver on APRS, FT8, beacons, all at once and this works great now. My use case for a second slice would allow me to simultaneously monitor the packet nodes higher up in the band and pull out the beacons. With a third slice I'd also be able to monitor the FM calling frequency and simplex around there and possibly some repeaters.