Receive audio setting.

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
VK7ZPD

Receive audio setting.

Unread post by VK7ZPD »

I'm running 3.3 build 2870, when I change bands using favourites the Rx audio changess to the default windows audio device. Could we have it retain the last used setting please.

Thanks

Phil VK7ZPD.

Max

Re: Receive audio setting.

Unread post by Max »

VK7ZPD wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:20 am I'm running 3.3 build 2870, when I change bands using favourites the Rx audio changess to the default windows audio device. Could we have it retain the last used setting please.

Thanks, Phil VK7ZPD.
https://www.sdr-radio.com/Favourites

Also see attached. Probably clearer/quicker than reading:

Max
Attachments
FavouritesAudio.jpg

RadioSDR1

Unread post by RadioSDR1 »

Here's a question I can answer.

The Favorites function will remember (so far as I know) every setting in the DSP Panel (which is what shows frequency, mode, squelch, etc.) at the time you save or update a Favorite.

So in order to retain the audio device setting, you need to re-save the Favorite by clicking on update in Favorites after you have selected the audio device you want . But be careful, any setting you might have jiggered with that is different than what you originally saved during the initial saving of the Favorite will be overwritten with whatever state the DSP Panel is in at the time you "update" the Favorite.

What I do when I update a Favorite is select the Favorite and immeadately make the change and update. This way I don't have to worry about inadvertently saving other temporary tweaks and adjustments that I do not want to be remembered by the Favorite.

Also, if you use NR4, be aware that there is some kind of bug that triggers persistent water gurgling noise when switching between most (but not all) modes. The fix is to move any slider setting in NR4 and then the gurgling noise settles down. To avoid triggering this problem when using Favorites set for different modes, you should have slightly different NR4 settings for each mode. For instance, my NR4 settings for SAM are slightly different than those LSB/USB and both are slightly different from those for BC-FM, etc. So by doing this, I never trigger the gurgling when going back and forth between Favorites where one is SAM and the other is LSB/USB or BC-FM, etc. This only applies if you use NR4 as the other NR options do not do this but then those other options do not work as well as NR4.

VK7ZPD

Unread post by VK7ZPD »

Problem Solved, Thanks for that, I've discovered most of the hidden gems in SDR-Console but somehow missed that one.

RadioSDR1

Unread post by RadioSDR1 »

Well not your fault. There is no way to know what Favorites remembers or doesn't remember without experimentation or someone telling you. The items shown in the Favorites setup implies that those items are all it remembers which is not true...seems that it actually remembers everything in the DSP Panel whether spelled out for adjustment in the Favorites setup or not. For instance, NR settings or AGC or Squelch settings are not listed in the Favorites setup but whatever state those settings are in on the DSP Panel at the moment you either setup or update a Favorite, well, then that's what you will get going forward. Not a bad thing but it's helpful to know what is happening so one can create or update Favorites in a predictable way.