Addition of TX capability for Hard-rock (softrock with Tx), Multus SDR, QRP2000, Genesis, etc.

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
Vk4pns

Addition of TX capability for Hard-rock (softrock with Tx), Multus SDR, QRP2000, Genesis, etc.

Unread post by Vk4pns »

I have long used and enjoyed the SDR Console, and believe it's one of the most featureful and capable out there.

It's just a pitty that I cannot transmit with my homemade and kit-made SDR radios based on hard/soft rock which use sound card input as IQ and QRP2000 LO interfacing (e.g. Multus, Genesis, Hardrock, etc)

Simon G4ELI

Re: Addition of TX capability for Hard-rock (softrock with Tx), Multus SDR, QRP2000, Genesis, etc.

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Let me think about this. It could be straightforward.

What's the exact interface for setting LO - any example of Github?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

G4ZFQ

Re: Addition of TX capability for Hard-rock (softrock with Tx), Multus SDR, QRP2000, Genesis, etc.

Unread post by G4ZFQ »

Simon,

All these are basically the same as the original tuneable Softrock with Si570 frequency generator.
Tuning is the same, the QRP2000 LO interfacing is the same.
To my simple mind all that is needed is TX audio and the TX enable (PTT). The PTT is included in the original DLL that functions in other software. I'd guess you have the details somewhere.
https://pe0fko.nl/SR-V9-Si570/#V15.15

I note "Genesis" on the end of the list. I was under the impression that it has a different controller.
The Softrock and clones have an ATtiny85.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

SM4WWG

Unread post by SM4WWG »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:02 am Let me think about this. It could be straightforward.

What's the exact interface for setting LO - any example of Github?
Please do, as I also really, really would love the possibility to use TX-capable Si570 devices (homebrew and kits) using soundcard output for TX.
For example I do have an old Lima SDR RX/TX with an Si570. And homebrew stuff that I would really love to use your amazing software with :D

Just let me know how much dog food it would take to implement this ;)

Best 73's
SM4WWG // Jörgen

Vk4pns

Unread post by Vk4pns »

G4ZFQ wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:21 am Simon,

All these are basically the same as the original tuneable Softrock with Si570 frequency generator.
Tuning is the same, the QRP2000 LO interfacing is the same.
To my simple mind all that is needed is TX audio and the TX enable (PTT). The PTT is included in the original DLL that functions in other software. I'd guess you have the details somewhere.
https://pe0fko.nl/SR-V9-Si570/#V15.15

I note "Genesis" on the end of the list. I was under the impression that it has a different controller.
The Softrock and clones have an ATtiny85.

73 Alan G4ZFQ
I guess you're right Alan. Genesis went their own way in fact.
The PE0FKO implementation though was adopted for many different SDRs to come. Most recent one being the Peaberry Pi / Multus lineup.

I noticed that SDR console does actually recognise my Multus radio and sets LO freq etc etc, just there is no Tx functionality.

Pooyan VK4PNS

SM4WWG

Unread post by SM4WWG »

Have some one heard anything more from Simon about this? I really would appreciate TX on Si570-based radios.
Or what about some "General RX/TX I/Q" radio, Simon? Based on the SoftRock and alike? I mean simple soundcard input/output for the I/Q and some way of communicating SET FREQUENCY and TX/RX-mode from SDR Console -> "General I/Q radio". Perhaps some API that would allow third-party DLL's, etc?

I am a full time senior software developer so just let me know if I can be of any assistance/tester on this.

Not really sure I make my thought understandable (english is not my main language) :)

Best regards
Jörgen SM4WWG