Filter & Mode Defaults

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
RadioSDR1

Filter & Mode Defaults

Unread post by RadioSDR1 »

Every now and then I futz around in the Filter and Mode config and accidentally hit the "Defaults" option. And this is not bad...I think being able to go back to Defaults like that is good and that is not implemented everywhere in SDRC but should be, but I digress.

The problem with Filters and Modes is if one hits Defaults by accident, like I just did, then all the custom config for that function is lost. Poof. Gone. It would be nice if there was some kind of "wastebasket" for discarded configuration via the Defaults option that one could return to if a mistake was made.

Also, an easier way to choose which configuration for the Filter is default would be nice...it seems the one marked "Def" has to be edited...better would be the ability to move the "Def" designation wherever one wants whenever one wants. Yes, I am from America. :)

lappydesktop

Re: Filter & Mode Defaults

Unread post by lappydesktop »

RadioSDR1 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:25 am Yes, I am from America. :)
Right Now Sir and with all due respect that is obvious ;)

RadioSDR1

So I am guilty of stating the obvious? LOL! :)

Max

Unread post by Max »

RadioSDR1 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:25 am The problem with Filters and Modes is if one hits Defaults by accident, like I just did, then all the custom config for that function is lost. Poof. Gone. It would be nice if there was some kind of "wastebasket" for discarded configuration via the Defaults option that one could return to if a mistake was made.
Not quite what you are looking for I know, but worth doing once in a while (see attached). There is even the option to backup only individual parameters (like Filters) if that is what you wish.

Max
Backup.jpg

RadioSDR1

Hey Max!

Well I am aware of the Backup thingy. And I've successfully used that before when really screwing around with troubleshooting or moving settings to my other computer. The trouble with that is I am too undisciplined to backup frequently. If there was some hack where a task scheduler script could invoke the Backup once a day or something, that might be intriguing.

Though as I write and recall using the Backup...it doesn't seem to get everything...the Backup plus the relevant Registry settings I think is complete...would be nice in a utopian unicorn and puppy dog world if the Backup was absolute. Anyway, the Backup by itself would get the Filter and Mode stuff (I think).

Max

Unread post by Max »

RadioSDR1 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:22 pm Hey Max!

Though as I write and recall using the Backup...it doesn't seem to get everything...the Backup plus the relevant Registry settings I think is complete...would be nice in a utopian unicorn and puppy dog world if the Backup was absolute. Anyway, the Backup by itself would get the Filter and Mode stuff (I think).
I could be wrong, but I thought Simon tweaked the backup quite recently and that now it is far more complete than it used to be. Simon may comment!

Max

RadioSDR1

That may well be. I don't use it enough to catch any subtle changes that might have been made.

And speaking of Simon...forum notifications via email have never worked for me except once and that was out of the blue and that happened to be your previous reply to me Max on this topic. However, your second reply on this topic did not trigger the email notification. Go figure. Not sure if there's anything Simon can do but since I've now finally seen it work at least once I now know it can work so I thought perhaps I'd mention it should Simon be lurking. And FYI I've done all the requisite spam folder checking, etc. but never anything in there from the forum.

Max

Unread post by Max »

RadioSDR1 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:04 am forum notifications via email have never worked for me except once and that was out of the blue and that happened to be your previous reply to me Max on this topic. However, your second reply on this topic did not trigger the email notification. Go figure.
Sorry, I have no idea on this one as I don't fire anything from any forum to email at all any more, not even the daily topic digests. I just check in usually once every couple of days via web interface. I got sick of the deluge of unwanted emails that prompted me to keep looking at them..... total time waster...... more to do with my lack of self-discipline than anything else! In fact I should not even be on here now..... too many other jobs that should be getting attention!

Max