A seperate Mute button? (now fixed)

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
lappydesktop

A seperate Mute button? (now fixed)

Unread post by lappydesktop »

Lately i always seem to be on another tab (Memories or Favourites) when i need to quickly mute the audio briefly or for a while , so it takes to click the receive tab then the mute button , how about a extra button if possible somewhere that is always visible somewhere? , maybe down there beside the audio bar in between the cpu and size bars ? , and excuse me if there is already one somewhere and i have not seen it as yet .

Anyway ,,,,, Somewhere , cheers ...
Last edited by lappydesktop on Sat May 06, 2023 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Max

Re: A seperate Mute button?

Unread post by Max »

Why not the one in the main RX DSP panel?
Mute.JPG
If it's the whole PC sound you want to mute, take a look at 3RVX sound control and assign a keyboard shortcut to Mute:

https://3rvx.com

I only use my copy to assign keyboard shortcuts for volume and mute and that's all. The docs are not the clearest. Easiest just to download it and have a play.

Max

lappydesktop

LoL Max , i've always assumed that was just a icon denoting where the volume slider is and obviously never tried to click it , so a big thanks for that and i'm a happy chappy now :lol:

Max

Unread post by Max »

lappydesktop wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:23 pm LoL Max , i've always assumed that was just a icon denoting where the volume slider is and obviously never tried to click it , so a big thanks for that and i'm a happy chappy now :lol:
NP. We've all done it with some feature or other!

Max

lappydesktop

Max wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:46 pm
If it's the whole PC sound you want to mute, take a look at 3RVX sound control and assign a keyboard shortcut to Mute:

https://3rvx.com

I only use my copy to assign keyboard shortcuts for volume and mute and that's all. The docs are not the clearest. Easiest just to download it and have a play.
Max
Well , 3+ times i needed that mute button today :-) , 1 phone call , 1 VoIP call , 4 video game trailers i noticed that were new (i'm waiting for a pc game release end of year) , SDRC is always running when the laptop is running which is quite a lot lately btw as consuming 80 watt (new build desktop) compared to 12-15 watt (laptop) just to listen to the sdr is a bit much i thought .

Fine on the keyboard shortcuts too , this old laptop a hp elite book folio has them in-built but i only wanted sdrc muted quickly not a global audio mute as it's running mostly all the time , on this laptop there is a white lit button on the top far rh side and push that it mutes and goes orange , next to that a lit wifi/internet button both nicely separated from the keyboard itself , win10 itself also seems to handle all the audio/mic related stuff ok natively (sstv/rtty/hrd/voip and other stuff) , even though its a win8 machine and the win8 drivers don't work 100% using win10 and there is no more drivers available as i've looked right into it all , cu tnx .