Executing a list of scheduled recordings

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
G0OFE

Executing a list of scheduled recordings

Unread post by G0OFE »

IN an exchange with a fellow FM Dxer today, talking about the ability to automate the recording of segments of a band, or different bands on a rotating basis, for those e.g. whose SDR span isn't large enough to cover the whole band.

One idea is to record 5 minutes of each segment of a band or bands in rotation, in a loop.. but there is no way to do this except add schedules to cover 5 mins for the whole 24 hours, this would take 288 entries!

My suggestion is that a "playlist" sort of feature could help with this. Add a scheduled recording/recordings to a playlist, then when the playlist is executed, it's done as if the user had clicked the schedule entry/entries in sequence and "run now". Add a radio button to loop the playlist.. job done.

Don't know how easy this would be to add.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

Simon G4ELI

Re: Executing a list of scheduled recordings

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Not very easy - would require some serious coding. I suggest a wideband RX or two SDRs and a splitter.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

DaveB

Re: Executing a list of scheduled recordings

Unread post by DaveB »

If only I could work out how to upload a csv file generated from Excel or OpenOffice Calc into the SQLlite database I'd be a happy bunny! Then I could use autofill to create hundreds and hundreds of entries with the drag of a mouse.

When you google how to do it - it looks really simple, but in practice.....

Something OpenOffice does when it saves a csv file exported from the SQLlite database throws it out. The common error is "database expects 16 columns - only one exists. If it doesn't come up with that error and accepts the data - most likely Console will crash when you try to use the scheduler.

I shall re-visit it later on - I'm too busy running FM I/Q files through SDR-console and extracting the RDS data - 10 channels at a time from the 2020 Es season

But if anyone works out how to do it, before I do - please post something on the forum...

And actually - if an "ignore date" function could be added to the scheduler - 288 entries isn't too hard to do - a few at a time.