Post Audio Filter

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
WD9HNU

Post Audio Filter

Unread post by WD9HNU »

Background: APT Satellite reception and display. SDRC is the best (long ago also had display) as receiver and tracker in one package. In my analog design of receivers, I always followed the discriminator with a Bessel 6 or 8 pole low pass filter at 6KHz to help de-speckle the noise at low elevations. Since SDR is now the main program, would it be possible to add/select a post audio filter that would filter the audio before being piped out? For satellite work, the Bessel would be best. Although I listen but have not integrated any transmitters with the SDR Console, I would expect Amateurs might also appreciate a bandpass or even perhaps low and or high pass filters on the audio output. Not a high priority, of course, but a nice to have. Can you remember why you dropped the demodulation and display of the APT satellites? Best to you as always.
Fred
WD9HNU

Simon G4ELI

Re: Post Audio Filter

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

I think we're going to need another (optional) ribbon bar entry with Audio Filter Pre-sets.

I assume you know there is an equaliser but currently no pre-sets?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

WD9HNU

Re: Post Audio Filter

Unread post by WD9HNU »

I do. But it is in bands and rolls gently, from what I can see.
Thanks!