Recording Scheduler - validate entries added direct to the SQL database

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
DaveB

Recording Scheduler - validate entries added direct to the SQL database

Unread post by DaveB »

This request follows on from the other topic of scheduled recordings.

As already discussed the recording scheduler offer tremendous potential for automating complex tasks.

I've sorted out the problems I had and can correctly import a csv file into the Scheduler SQLlite database. It's mainly ensuring that the date formatting isn't scrambled when exporting the file in CSV format and importing/exporting with the same encoding eg UTF-8

So I have the Scheduler in SDR-Console with umpteen entries present, the first couple having been created through SDR-Console.

However the added entries, although acted upon by SDR-console, do not result in a recording. If you click the Refresh icon in scheduler they show up as having run, or running, but nothing happens.

However if I click the Run Now icon for any of the entries with a future date it does initiate a recording – which proves the data in the scheduler is valid.

I've worked out it is because when you click the "Add definition" button in the Scheduler it not only updates the SQLlite database, but it also updates the SDRscheduler.xml file. And it's the xml file that initiates the recording.

So my request to Simon – are you able to add an option to validate entries that have been imported directly into the SQLlite database so that the Scheduler.xml file is updated? [Maybe"validate all entries in Scheduler"].

For me, and I hope others, this would add tremendous scope to using the scheduler. [The problem with "2 SDRs and a splitter" is that when ES is wide open I am using aerials pointing in different directions feeding each SDR. I would have had 3 SDRs but my first generation SDRPlay RSP died a couple of weeks ago].

Thanks for giving this consideration