modifier key for frequency scrolling

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
Skydawg

modifier key for frequency scrolling

Unread post by Skydawg »

I have my tuning step size for ssb set to 10hz. When I am on a crowded band, I will start from the left and tune the first signal in. Then to browse the band I will point the mouse cursor to the 1khz digit and scroll with the mouse wheel which allows me to hit most of the active frequencies across the band without doing any fine tuning. Sometimes a frequency is at an odd setting (i.e. +200 or 500), but not often. Sometimes my mouse pointer drifts off the 1khz digit and I scroll 10khz or 100hz. It would be nice to have a modifier key such as the alt key or a user defined key programmable to what ever increment needed. That would prevent me inadvertently moving the mouse off the frequency digit. As an alternative, the alternate modified key would lock the mouse cursor in place while depressed so the user wouldn't have to be concerned with it moving off the frequency digit.

John

Max

Re: modifier key for frequency scrolling

Unread post by Max »

Not what you want I guess, but just to let you know if you did not already that tuning can be very nicely done with keyboard cursor (arrow) keys, Left-Right for single step, Up-Down for x10.

Just putting it out there, but understand also what you are looking for with mouse. I don't (can't - RSI) use a mouse and anyway much prefer keyboard input from years a video editor but I know keyboard is not for everyone (even though it's much faster :lol:).

Best

Max