System Configuration Data Logging?

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
pauldbnut

System Configuration Data Logging?

Unread post by pauldbnut »

Apologies to Simon (who may find this kind of SDR extension out of bounds), and others (who get fed up with my daft ideas).

Watching SDR recording playback can be frustrating at times when the originator is trying to make a point about the effect of system adjustments (e.g. antenna switching, attenuator, loop rotation). A bit like Grand Prix FPVs with no instrument panel? It would be nice for nerds to have an instrument panel (perhaps a separate window on second monitor) with gauges for selected system configuration parameters... compass rose for rotator position could be one such.

A display panel is the easy bit. Interface definition for capturing real time data is the first hurdle. Then, logging to "side channels" in an IQ recording would be needed for later replay. Wideband IQ could host just RF and external data channels (even a voice-over commentary). Some future narrowband IQ could include IF and demod settings as well?

Of course the possibilities for narrowband recordings have even greater potential. Multi-channel IQ from several RX and parallel audio from internet radio come to mind. Shut up!
Paul White (Grumpy Old Git)

Simon G4ELI

Re: System Configuration Data Logging?

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Sketch out what you want, use Paint or similar.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

pauldbnut

Re: System Configuration Data Logging?

Unread post by pauldbnut »

Thanks for your response, Simon.
My post was a "sneeze" amidst work on another project. But if nobody chimes in meanwhile, I'll do as you suggest :).

Coincidentally I found this azimuth sensor post by K5ND tonight: https://www.k5nd.net/2020/10/pointing-r ... th-sensor/.
Not cheap, but connects to PC via COM or USB.
Paul White (Grumpy Old Git)