Audio monitor button

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
hb9rxc

Audio monitor button

Unread post by hb9rxc »

Hi All,

frequently I use a virtual audio cable to transfer audio to 3rd party applications (fldigi, navtex and dsc decoder and few others).
Sometime I need to briefly monitor the audio being transferred, but usually that require some operations on Windows recording devices or other tricks ...

Why not to add a button that will momentary enable the default output device (aka Speaker) to monitor sound being received / trasferred to VAC ?

Many thanks, Pietro @ hb9rxc

Max

Re: Audio monitor button

Unread post by Max »

Some time ago on the old IO Test Team Group, I requested multiple audio outs on the DSP panel, so that, for example, one audio out could be routed to VAC and another one to speaker. This would give exactly the functionality that you are asking for and maybe there could even be more than two outputs, but even two would be nice.

Simon had that on his list and one week (back in January) it was on schedule to be added to 3.0.20, but I think it has got pushed back by other more urgent issues and has therefore not yet appeared.

Maybe Simon could revisit it at some point. Simon? Memory jogger for you:
https://groups.io/g/SDR-Radio-TestTeam/topic/69744950

(Link destination not viewable to non-test team members).

Max

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

That's a good idea. The reason I haven't yet added max's idea is simply time, but as you see I'm now able to get to these 'luxury' options.

I may even attack this in 2020.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

hb9rxc

Unread post by hb9rxc »

Hello Simon & Users,

any news about this post ? I didn't follow this forum for a long time and maybe I missed sometingh.
So, any news ? Thank you

Pietro @ hb9rxc