Analyser: vertical frequency marker

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
G0OFE

Analyser: vertical frequency marker

Unread post by G0OFE »

While scrolling through recordings, especially longer ones on a large screen looking for activity on a certain frequency, it would be handy if one could enable a vertical line marker (or a pair of dotted lines in a similar style to the lines used in the crosshairs) that could be dragged within the display. Either hover over then click-drag, or by having an icon at the top to click and drag:
Screenshot-2020-11-25-111838.jpg
I know we have the crosshairs, but they move with the mouse instead of being "fixable".

Also, how easy would it be to have an optional panel either at the top or the bottom of the frequency display in the analyser screen showing the same markers that are in the spectrum display? It would make it easier when scrolling through for e.g. beacon activity.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

PA3BTS

Re: Analyser: vertical frequency marker

Unread post by PA3BTS »

Hi Jim,
Good suggestion. I also thought about how to keep track where I am in the File Analyser after clicking in the screen and moving the mouse elsewhere. It would be sufficient for me to have some sort of highlight (dot, cross, small square box) in the File Analyser screen on the spot where the time/frequency is which is played in Console. This would certainly help when chasing short burst like signals like ALE.

73, Cornel

Simon G4ELI

Re: Analyser: vertical frequency marker

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Makes sense.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!