request for option to automatically adjust waterfall W/L

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
User3106

request for option to automatically adjust waterfall W/L

Unread post by User3106 »

Currently, whenever I change bands I have to hit the "Auto" button to see the best view of the waterfall. I would like to have that occur automatically when I change bands so I don't have to keep hitting the button.

Thanks!

Simon G4ELI

Re: request for option to automatically adjust waterfall W/L

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Pointless - there's no data to analyse!
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

goscickiw

Unread post by goscickiw »

I was thinking of requesting something similar, but instead of working as the current Auto button does, it would:

On the Waterfall, adjust the whole bar so that the Low value is at the noise floor. This could have an optional offset in the settings if the user wants to see a bit of the noise floor. User could change the offset value. Only adjust the High value independently if:
- a stronger signal would appear. In this case, if the user has selected an option in the settings that allows that, adjust High to that setting and keep the new difference between Low and High.
- it would be higher than the maximum setting. In this case, store the previous Low/High difference in memory and restore it once the noise floor lowers again.

On the Spectrum, it would set the Low value to the same as the Waterfall's, and the High, depending on a setting, either always to max, or the same as Waterfall with a user-changeable offset.

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

I do agree that something like this can be done. Got a few other UI things to do first, also must fix my leaky roof!
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!