Step Sizes

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
NJ3H

Step Sizes

Unread post by NJ3H »

Hi Simon,

Would you consider a slight (maybe not from a programming perspective) change that would allow something like what is below:

AM 0-529 KHz [set tuning step size] my value would be 1 KHz

AM 530-1710 KHz [set tuning step size] my value would be 10 KHz

AM 1720-30000 KHz [set tuning step size] my value would be 5 KHz

I realize the a setting of 5 KHz requires just two mouse wheel turns or knob turns on the tmate2, but tuning at a rate of 10 is perfect for the medium wave band in the USA without the 5 KHz step in the middle. On SW, 5 KHzseems to be the better option, at least to me.

Anyway, thanks for all you do or all of us out here in the listening world.

Regards,
George, NJ3H
Redmond, Oregon USA

Max

Re: Step Sizes

Unread post by Max »

Hi George

I know you want to tune with mouse, but just letting you know that if you tune using the keyboard cursor keys that arrows left right are step size x1 and arrow up/down are step size x10. Personally I only use keyboard cursor keys for main tuning with direct freq. entry via NumPad and point and click for big changes (+ of course Favourites and Memories for band changing). With 1 kHz step size, up/down cursor gives very fast tuning in 10kHz steps.

If you knew this already then disregard.

Max

PD3LK

Re: Step Sizes

Unread post by PD3LK »

I agree with George but ONLY for the AM band part (10kHz USA / 9kHz other part of the world) AND if it's user selectable (on/off) because it can become irritating for users who like to do NDB chasing in the AM band (Russians).