Satellite tracking VFOs Uplink Downlink with external radio request

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
SM0TGU

Satellite tracking VFOs Uplink Downlink with external radio request

Unread post by SM0TGU »

Hi (Simon) and all!
The external radio in satellite tracking is working very good for FM satellites, I have done some QSOs with an IC-705 as TX rig. The possibility to adjust the frequency from the IC-705 is very good.
But, for transponder sats with SSB, for exemple RS-44, it gets hard to use SDR Console external radio as the RX (SDR) and TX (external radio) VFOs are not linked. So you have to manually go to the correct frequency with the external radio.

So, as a feature request, I would like the possibility to link the RX and TX VFO just like all the other softwares for satellite tracking (for example PstRotator).
It should be possible to link the VFO with:
  • Reverse (when one VFO goes up in frq the other goes down)
  • Normal (when one VFO goes up in frq the other also goes up)
  • None (no linking at all. This can be used when you temporary would like to adjust the VFOs separately.)
Best 73
Lars SM0TGU

SM0TGU

Re: Satellite tracking VFOs Uplink Downlink with external radio request

Unread post by SM0TGU »

I'm using SDR Console more and more for satellites and tracking VFOs would be a great function.
@simon What do you think about this, it it possible?

NF0T

Unread post by NF0T »

Seconded, would make the satellites function much more robust.

Ryan, NF0T

davidchien0327

Unread post by davidchien0327 »

yes .as i know .the last version till now 3.0.27 ,when use satellite tracker with omini rig to control external radio
only TX on the radio .RX not work on the radio (only on SDR dongle) .is it possible to add it ? (both Tx/RX can work radio ) like HRD and pstrotator do
thanks

SM0TGU

Unread post by SM0TGU »

@davidchien0327
That is a complete different type of request, so please make a new topic request for your subject.
My "Tracking VFOs" request is still valid but I understand there is a lot of requests and this may not be the most prioritized.
73, Lars SM0TGU