Data scheduler

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
PD3LK

Data scheduler

Unread post by PD3LK »

Hi Simon, next to the few adaptions that are already asked for or reported (Ingwolf), i would like to suggest adding a edit button in the Scheduler. In many cases we make repetitive recordings and only need to change date or time. Editing works much faster then copy a rule, edit it and then delete the old one.

Other thingy, when a recording is running and the user overrules Lock Radio and changes the frequency, then - in the recording - the stations appear on wrong frequenties. Maybe someone has a good reason not to do this but why not stop a recording as soon as someone unlocks the radio? In my view that recording is otherwise worthless anyway.

sm6fhz

Re: Data scheduler

Unread post by sm6fhz »

Hi Leon and all.

I do concur with your suggestion. An edit feature would be nice.
I often do mistakes when doing a repetitive task several times and have to delete the incorrect one and create a new. Edit would be a great help.

Of cause, the dream would be to be able to set-up the whole nights recordings in one shot. To specify start time, duration, repetition interval and stop time and voila you have a set of recordings created!
Keep on dreaming :-)

The recording feature is very good to have. Very useful.

73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

I'm busy next week with the Winradio G31DDC, remind me in a week or so, these are (mainly) good suggestions. I was thinking about a repeat function - Ingolf nailed the idea!
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

DaveB

Unread post by DaveB »

sm6fhz wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:11 pm

Of cause, the dream would be to be able to set-up the whole nights recordings in one shot. To specify start time, duration, repetition interval and stop time and voila you have a set of recordings created!
Keep on dreaming :-)

73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ
Just having the option in the current scheduler set up to ignore dates and just use the times would make it much more useful. I like to move up and down in frequency, recording 5 minute blocks.