AirSpy Mini - maximise bandwidth

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
DaveB

AirSpy Mini - maximise bandwidth

Unread post by DaveB »

Simon,

I would find it really useful if you would add the 'hidden' option to allow the Airspy Mini to operate at 10 MHz bandwidth. In the SDRSharp programme this is done by setting the debug mode in the config file to 1 <add.key="airspy.debug" value="1" />

In order to avoid overheating I use small heatsinks on each side which are very cheap from Ebay. The only other issue with running at 10 MHz is that a spike appears at -3 MHz and another at +1 MHz, but that still means an extra 38 frequencies available, and at my location I can adjust the centre frequency to lose at least one of them under a local station. An extra 4 MHz of recording bandwidth is really, really helpful. In fact it is so helpful it meant I got Georgia on 94.6 and Azerbaijan on 93.0 and 95.1 as if I had been restricted to 6MHz the world would never have known as the recording would only have gone up to 92.4MHz.

I was obviously using SDR Sharp to run at 10 MHz so - no pressure :D

And as an aside it was only a throw away comment years ago in a post by Youseff that you could run the Airspy Mini at 10 MHz by set the debug value to 1 that alerted me to the possibility, and why I bought one in the first place. And needless to say the heatsinks went on from day one.

Thanks
David