CSVUserlistBrowser

Note: this version is no longer supported
mbott

CSVUserlistBrowser

Unread post by mbott »

DF8RY has stated that he "Plans to remove SDRConsole 2 support - I am planning to remove the support for SDRConsole 2 from CSVUserlistBrowser. SDRConsole 2 has been superseded by SDRConsole 3 and is no longer developed. Please send me an email if you should absolutely need support for SDRConsole 2 in CSVUserlistBrowser."

I sent an email as I enjoy (still) using the V2 software package. I didn't claim it was an absolute need, but would be appreciated. We'll see where that goes.
--
Mike

G0OFE

Re: CSVUserlistBrowser

Unread post by G0OFE »

It would probably work as RIG with V2 for frequency control.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

mbott

Unread post by mbott »

I'm sure the internal frequency database would cover anything I came across using Dan Ferguson's excellent frequency listing, but it's nice to have multiple sources of information available when listening. My use of CSVUserlistBrowser is primarily signal identification.
--
Mike

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

I tend to use it for tropo as I can use the filters and sort when looking for / IDing stations. The Frequency Database doesn't (yet) allow sorting by column in the same way.
One can also use CSVUB as a scanner by using the markers facility allied with the Personal Userlists.

For Es, I use the Frequency Database (in V3) as it ties in with the RDS log. (as long as I remember to keep it up to date!)
Double-clicking on the logged PI will show all possible matches with that frequency. Only minus with that is that one cant cusomise what information is shown.. would like to be able to display the Maidenhead with those matches.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

mbott

Unread post by mbott »

For the record, the SDRCONSOLE3-CSVUserlistBrowser.exe really doesn't care if it's V2 or V3 on the other end of the virtual serial port. It works for either version of SDR Console. :)
--
Mike

Max

Unread post by Max »

Sorry, slightly off topic, but Jim, as you mentioned sorting!

In CSVUB, say I have a list of stations showing, I would have expected to be able to click the column header (in my case I want to sort by distance) and it will then cycle sort ascending/descending or none with each click, but when I click the column header all the entries disappear. What am I doing wrong?

Just to endorse for anyone looking, I have only recently spent the time to learn how to get CSVUB running with SDRC, but boy is it worth it. It has transformed my listening being able to pretty much identify any broadcast station that you hear (and utilities too I think maybe?). Anyway, fully recommended and works a treat with SDRC.

Thanks for looking.

Max

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

Hi Max,

for sorting..
csvub.JPG
Select the parameter you want to sort from the drop-down circled.
Change the order with the buttons I've arrowed.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

Max

Unread post by Max »

That's great. Many thanks Jim.

Max

mbott

Unread post by mbott »

Max wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:56 pm
Just to endorse for anyone looking, I have only recently spent the time to learn how to get CSVUB running with SDRC, but boy is it worth it. It has transformed my listening being able to pretty much identify any broadcast station that you hear (and utilities too I think maybe?). Anyway, fully recommended and works a treat with SDRC.

CSVUserlistBrowser is most definitely a gem. I've got is set up for both Consoles, SDRuno, SDR# and HDSDR. Can't imagine not having it available.
--
Mike

G6PZZ

Unread post by G6PZZ »

Max wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:50 pm That's great. Many thanks Jim.

Max
Interesting. I'll have to give CSVUB another look. What happens if you sort on a column that contains empty spaces?
73 Tom G6PZZ