rx888 mk2 no receive

✔ Now supported, kit available by the end of September 2020.
everstar

Re: rx888 mk2 no receive

Unread post by everstar »

Changing the gain didn't help, its like it's running, but blind to signals. I will try with a different antenna this week, known good and on a band with known signals and see.

everstar

Oh, and yes the radio EXTIO.dll works on HDSDR, but something, it's like it's deaf to the world.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

That last posting parses poorly to me. Do you mean HDSDR shows normal signals and SDRC does not or that the front end is numb for both SDRs?

{^_^}

everstar

Sorry about that, that's what happens when messaging on a tablet.

The EXITO is recognized however, there don't appear to be any signals. Its the same on both programs, receiver appears to be deaf. That said, I am also having the same problem with an Ettus B200 on SDR Console, it likely is something on my end.

Thanks!
Mark

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Please excuse a REALLY dumb question. Is the antenna connected with no breaks all the way to the antenna? I would expect some form of break in your antenna connections. Perhaps more likely you have a coaxial cable connector that was overheated or pin bent leaving you with a shorted antenna connection.

{o.o}

everstar

Nope, I have attempted with a few different antennas, including a Hex Bean on a roof tower down to a various whip antennas. Just to assure you, my other radios do not have any issues using these antennas. Today for Grins I tried my Anan and my MB1 and Elad Duo on my Hex and G5RV without issues. It is very interesting to me though to see varying performance and I think I have some bugs for Simon to look at on .027. Some of the typical controls for those radios seemed absent while using them, despite reloading and even rebooting.

Nope, there is something very odd going on. I just have to dig into it more.

73 de NI0Z
SDRZone

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

It multiple radios fail in the same way, one presumes with the same antenna connection, then that antenna connection is suspect. If everything in your shack uses the same antenna and its entire cable chain, patch cables and switches included, and some radios don't the only other thing that comes to mind is that you are more than a little rough on your SMA connectors and center conductors have lifted and the connectors are slightly bent in two radios Ettus and RX-888 or that both have died from static discharge when switching the antennas around. This presumes both radios are numb with two or more different SDR programs such as SDRSharp, SDRConsole, HDSDR, and others. This would presume that other radios work perfectly with EXACTLY the same collection of cables and adapters.

{^_^}

everstar

Well, today it works, and the only thing changed was that I got an update via the FSK Development kit. Problem solved for that radio. Pretty cool, it receives almost to 8G.

73 de NI0Z
Mark