RX-888 deliveries

✔ Now supported, kit available by the end of September 2020.
sm6fhz

RX-888 deliveries

Unread post by sm6fhz »

Hi All.
I placed an order for one RX-888 on August 22nd with the "shenglongsi" shop at ebay. I got shipping confirmation on August 24th together with a tracking number. I have been following the tracking since then but no change in status in these 9 days from what is shown in the attached file.
Today I sent an message to "shenglongsi" and got the following answer:
Snipe
Suddenly came to pull a lot of orders

Handmade in the factory, delivery is slow

Can only wait for the factory to make

End snipe
Have we choked them with the new large interest in this SDR HW?
Don't they have the units at hand they say at the shop interface is available?
Has anyone similar experience from ordering the RX-888 recently?
I am still in message conversation with "shenglongsi" about an explanation for this, more to come, hopefully.
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ
Attachments
RX_888_tracking1.PNG
RX_888_tracking1.PNG (7.08 KiB) Viewed 1387 times

sm6fhz

Re: RX-888 deliveries

Unread post by sm6fhz »

Hi.
Here is the answer I got when asking why they said on their ebay page for the RX-888, 2 units available, when I placed my order and got confirmation on delivery:

Snipe

Many orders are coming

Hand-made, very slow to do, can only wait

End snipe

Not very good at answering the direct question, are they?
Not much of a stock they got either :(
It seems they sold the skin before they shot the bear. Maybe that is common practice among Chinese ebay shops?

73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Peter

Unread post by Peter »

Hi Ingolf,

Placed my order August 17, same shop, same shipper ...
confirmation of Shipment Data Received came one day later, nothing heard since.

Estimated delivery : Wednesday 9 Sep 2020 - Wednesday 7 Oct 2020

Shipments from China ( and elsewhere ) into Western Australia are very slow just now ( even from our Eastern States ! ) ...
so whether the RX-888's are in stock, or are being built per order, I don't expect to see mine any time soon - sigh.

It's a waiting game.

Cheers, Pete.

N6ATC

Unread post by N6ATC »

Hello, everyone!

My order for an RX-888 was placed on August 21st and the order details show an expected delivery of Thursday, Sep 17, 2020 - Tuesday, Oct 13, 2020.

It does not appear to have shipped yet. Like Peter above, I ordered from eBay seller "shenglongsi" and also got the "Delivery message: Shipment Data Received" from the seller the next day... on August 22nd.

I await shipment and delivery patiently. I would like to help with testing, but I'm pretty sure that Simon will have it sorted by the time I get mine.

Curt - N6ATC
Last edited by N6ATC on Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Guy Atkins

Unread post by Guy Atkins »

In my recent article in the SWLing Post, I wrote: I received my new RX888 SDR receiver today, via DHL shipping in only seven days from ordering on Ebay from seller “shenglongsi”. I’ve noticed that some Chinese Ebay sellers use a placeholder shipping number when choosing the DHL carrier, and then some days later they forward the actual shipping number when the product is out the door. That was the case with the RX888– four days in limbo, and then BINGO!–a real tracking number was sent and the package arrived three days later.

After reading the experience of others in this thread I wonder if "shenglongsi" did not have the unit in-hand when I first placed my order. I went with this seller though because of his very high positive feedback, and in my case it was a positive move since the radio took just seven days to my door.

Good luck to everyone who is awaiting their own RX-888! I hope you find the wait will be worth it.

As a side note, today I ran the RX-888 with the new version of SDR-Console Simon is working on for support of this radio and the earlier RX-666. 32 MHz bandwidth works great on my laptop, but all other bandwidths have some issues with audio stuttering and hanging/locking up of the software. The CPU usage is also much higher than in HDSDR. I'm sure Simon will have this remedied in due course. For all I know, the problem might be something unique to my PC (i7-3840QM CPU, 16GB RAM, on a Dell M6700 workstation).

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA

jonfear

Unread post by jonfear »

Another case of ordered and not actually sent. RX888 ordered via flyxy2015. Just sent a chase request.

Aug 26, 2020 00:25 SpeedPAK
Shipment data received
Shenzhen, China

Ho hum...

Jon

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

It's just one guy in charge, units are being shipped but slowly.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

pbricmont

Unread post by pbricmont »

I ordered RX-888 on 8/22 with DHL from shenglongsi. Just got an update from the seller about 3 hours ago:

"we send package DHL

Remember to sign"

The DHL tracking number is now active and shows "Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA"

Estimated delivery is 9/9 to San Jose, California

Paul

N6ATC

Unread post by N6ATC »

Mine shipped! That's great news. I'm satisfied so far. I only hope that mine doesn't show up with the problems that Bjarne had.

Time and date Place Message
Saturday, Sep 5, 2020 1:58 AM N/A Departed from Origin Country
Friday, Sep 4, 2020 5:25 PM N/A Export Customs Declaration Completed
Friday, Sep 4, 2020 8:02 AM N/A Departed from Regional Distribution Center
Thursday, Sep 3, 2020 10:06 PM SHENZHEN , GUANGDONGSHENG Departed from Local Facility
Thursday, Sep 3, 2020 9:56 PM SHENZHEN , GUANGDONGSHENG Arrived at Local Facility
Thursday, Sep 3, 2020 7:09 PM SHENZHEN , GUANGDONGSHENG Package Received (Customer Service Email: CS@orangeconnex.com)
Saturday, Aug 22, 2020 2:58 PM SHENZHEN , GUANGDONGSHENG