Using more than one RX888/RX666 with SDRC

✔ Now supported, kit available by the end of September 2020.
DR53

Using more than one RX888/RX666 with SDRC

Unread post by DR53 »

It's been a long time in the making, but Oscar Steila has posted a new firmware and ExtIO in the NextGenSDR forum, which may solve the problem of not being able to use more than one RX888/666 at the same time. It enables the reading of the internal serial number of each radio, thereby allowing each one to be started independently. With luck, and Simon's help, we (or I) may soon be able to use two RXs together :).

https://groups.io/g/NextGenSDRs/topic/86820273#668

Regards,
Dave

jdow

Re: Using more than one RX888/RX666 with SDRC

Unread post by jdow »

Simon is already aware of where to find the Cypress serial numbers. (I started Oscar on this odyssey. And Franco found the magic. So I passed information back to Simon.)

By the way, two RX888 MK IIs running at once on an SDRC at 128 ksps with a lot of receivers in the matrices will be a bit of a challenge for most computers being brought to their knees. It's still fun to contemplate. (Of course, a sample rate of "134,217,728" has some theoretical goodness and fun involved.)

{^_^}

DR53

Re: Using more than one RX888/RX666 with SDRC

Unread post by DR53 »

Thanks for your input, Joanne. As for the PC challenge, it's probably a good job that I don't have "most computers", and that mine will be one of the last PCs standing, but I also don't envisage running both radios with a myriad of receivers - other than out of curiosity to see what the system is capable of :).

Regards,
Dave