API description

✔ Now supported, kit available by the end of September 2020.
janvK

API description

Unread post by janvK »

I developed some DAB, DRM and other SDR software. The main program for DAB decoding is Qt-DAB.
I got a comment from someone that the extio module only handled 50 Mhz samplerate or more, while for DAB one needs (just over) 2
and my software cannot handle (yet?) unspecified input with very high sampletates
There is probably an interface library for the device, and it would help to have a description of such an API.
I am perfectly wwilling to write some interface software, after all the device interface for Qt-DAB is pretty straightforward

any help here would be appreciated

best
jan

jdow

Re: API description

Unread post by jdow »

Did you post this to the right place? There is no addon API for Simon's SDR suite. I am not sure what you mean about the extio module. SDRC does not speak extio for signal sources.

{^_^}

janvK

Unread post by janvK »

I do not know whether this is the right place or not.
I got a request/comment from someone who tried to use the RX888 - using an Extio-handler for the RX888 - on my Qt-DAB. The interface for extio that I have in Qt-DAB is cabable of some resamping (i.e. 2 MHz -> 2.048, up to 3 or 4 MHz -> 2.048) and filtering (especially for the AIRspy)

The guy ffrom the question told me that he could send samples with a rate of 50 M, then of course the question is about filtering.
The DAB band runs roughly from 175 - 230 MHz, so the RX-888 gets almost the whole band, and extracting a subband of 1.5 MHz with a rate of 2.048 < takes dome filtering and decimation, so I was/am wondering if somewhere there is an API description that provides some handles to do that.

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

There isn't really an API for the RX288, it's a question of reading the ExtIO code on github.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

ukdx

Unread post by ukdx »

Unless I'm missing something the RX888 MKII won't cover almost all the DAB band without a transverter, above 70MHz it uses an R828D tuner limiting bandwidth to 10MHz.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

You have that correct, ukdx.
{^_^}