FAQ/ Tips for New Users.

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
G0OFE

FAQ/ Tips for New Users.

Unread post by G0OFE »

A number of you may have either not used a phpBB style message board like this one before, being used to mailing lists, or have not done so for a long time.

I have put together a few hints and tips in the form of a FAQ, to help you get more out of this message board.
I will add to this as and when questions get asked.

"I have just joined the board. Why are my posts being held for review?"

New users have their first few posts held.
This is necessary as an anti-spam measure, to prevent robots joining and filling the board with spam messages. Once a small number of posts have been approved by the admin team, you will no longer have posts held for review. That process is automatic.

"Is there an easy way to get an overview of new posts (e.g. since last visit) when I enter the forum?"

Yes there is.. Click on "Active Topics" on the top right. This will list recent topics in chronological order.
Capture2.JPG
Any topics that you have not read since they have been added to will have a little symbol next to them.

"Can I get email alerts for subjects I am interested in?"

Yes.. you can get alerts for new topics in sub-forums you are interested in, or when a thread is updated; just tick the Subscribe box such as the one below, either in the topic list in the sub-forum, or in the topic you want to follow. You can manage/remove your subscriptions in your User Control Panel.
Capture.JPG
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

G0OFE

Re: FAQ/ Tips for New Users.

Unread post by G0OFE »

John,

Have sent you a PM
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR