Searching the website

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
G0DJA

Searching the website

Unread post by G0DJA »

This isn't about the Forum per se, but I couldn't see anywhere else to ask.

I can search the forum for key words, but I can't see a way to do that on the website. For instance, in my search for Virtual Audio Cable information (I still can't find it and I'm sure there was a link to two sources of VAC software) it would be useful to be able to do a search across the website to try and locate the information rather than clicking on each subject, Home, Console, Server etc., and then on each entry in the dropdown in turn, just in the hope that you'll spot what it is you wanted to find.

If there is a search option, I can't spot it.

Thanks - Dave (G0DJA)

Max

Re: Searching the website

Unread post by Max »

There's no search I'm aware built in to Simon's website. Don't know if you are aware that Google can search for keywords in a specific site. So in this case your Google search would be:

site:sdr-radio.com virtual audio cable

Here's the page you are looking for and yes, I agree that particular one is perhaps not in the most logical place:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/cw-skimmer#VirtualAudioCable

Simon..... duplicate info for VACs into the "Audio" section perhaps?

Max

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

G0DJA wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:35 am This isn't about the Forum per se, but I couldn't see anywhere else to ask.

I can search the forum for key words, but I can't see a way to do that on the website. For instance, in my search for Virtual Audio Cable information (I still can't find it and I'm sure there was a link to two sources of VAC software) it would be useful to be able to do a search across the website to try and locate the information rather than clicking on each subject, Home, Console, Server etc., and then on each entry in the dropdown in turn, just in the hope that you'll spot what it is you wanted to find.

If there is a search option, I can't spot it.

Thanks - Dave (G0DJA)
Dave,

Lack of search is down to the website engine - duda.co . I could add search but it would cost me ~$100/month. I run on low revenues, especially since COVID for some reason, so $100 is considerable.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

G0DJA

Unread post by G0DJA »

Max wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:54 pm Here's the page you are looking for and yes, I agree that particular one is perhaps not in the most logical place:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/cw-skimmer#VirtualAudioCable
Thank you, Max,
That's the one I was looking for!
Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)

G0DJA

Unread post by G0DJA »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:56 am
Lack of search is down to the website engine - duda.co . I could add search but it would cost me ~$100/month. I run on low revenues, especially since COVID for some reason, so $100 is considerable.
OK Simon,
No problem. Max located what I was looking for. I must have stumbled over it randomly searching the site but didn't think that it might be under CW Skimmer when I wanted to go back and find it again.
I'll try and get VAC working a bit later.
Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)

djgordy

Unread post by djgordy »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:56 am
$100 to add a search box! Surely the code to add it to the website wouldn't be much different to adding it to the forum. A one off cost would be understandable. I guess you're already paying a monthly cost for the site.

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Hi,

FWIW I will be rewriting the website, moving from Duda to Squarespace. I've already got the new dit-dit-dit.com ready, this will be g4eli.com. with all URLs redirected.

Hope to start this exercise very soon.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!