SDR console with RSP1A and FM radio

joseph

SDR console with RSP1A and FM radio

Unread post by joseph »

Dear everyone,

I'm new in the SDR world and i have some difficulty's.
First, my configuration:
> Software : SDR Console V3.2
> Hardware : RPS1A

After many time, it's seems to work. To be sure i have try to listen popular frequency like
> My wireless remote control for my door ( 433Mhz). it's ok. I able to see signal
> FM radio (Fr).... nothing.

My question is about my last experience. I cannot listen FM French radio. When i select the right frequency, i see the signal. A BC-FM or N-FM don't change anything. In my heard, noise only noise.
Do you have an advice for me ? Where is my mistake ?

Max

Re: SDR console with RSP1A and FM radio

Unread post by Max »

Using Screenshot tool on SDRC please post a full sized un-cropped screenshot of the exact configuration with the FM signal being shown on the waterfall. Attach screenshot (to attach file press "Full Editor and Preview" button below this message window - Attachment tool is below the message window).

When you take screenshot, also make sure "Home" tab is selected on the Ribbon Bar at top of screen.

https://www.sdr-radio.com/screenshot

Some things to check:

Make 100% sure you have selected BC-FM, not W-FM. Make sure filter bandwidth is wide enough? Not less than 150kHz.

Make sure receiver sampling bandwidth is set high enough? With RSP Good setting for VHF FM band would be maybe 8 MHz. Noise Reduction (NR) OFF.

See my screenshot attached to see if it helps? My receiver RTL-SDR dongle hence less choice of sampling bandwidth.

Max
Attachments
VHF-FM.jpg

joseph

Re: SDR console with RSP1A and FM radio

Unread post by joseph »

thanks for your reply.

I'm out this morning but i will try today.
Thanks again !