SDR Console audio only thru PC speaker, not sound card speakers

emarzan

SDR Console audio only thru PC speaker, not sound card speakers

Unread post by emarzan »

Greetings all,

I had SDR Console working perfectly on my IBM ThinkCentre computer and had to do a computer reset. Ever since the reset and fresh install of SDR ConsoleI can only hear the audio thru the PC speaker. I cannot hear audio thru the sound card attached speakers. This only happens with SDR Console. Every other app on the PC works fine and I can hear audio thru the sound card speakers. I've tried every combination of outputting on SDR console and on my Windows 10 computer using the volume mixer to no avail. Everything else works fine. I don't get it. I ran the troubleshooter and updated the PC sound drivers but still no luck. If I plug in headphones the PC speaker is still active but don't hear audio thru the headphones. Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading...

Max

Re: SDR Console audio only thru PC speaker, not sound card speakers

Unread post by Max »

In SDRC, have you got the Audio Out selector set correctly or is it left on Default? If Default has been reset to PC Speaker then this might be it.

Check default playback device. Hit Windows key, then type "Run" (without quotations) to bring up the Run dialogue. Then in the Run dialogue, type "mmsys.cpl" (again without quotations). Brings up Audio Devices panel. Check what is set as default on the Playback tab.

Also you can set output device manually in SDRC (RX DSP Panel). See attached pic.

Max
Attachments
DSP-Playback.jpg

Max

Re: SDR Console audio only thru PC speaker, not sound card speakers

Unread post by Max »

Max wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:47 pm In SDRC, have you got the Audio Out selector set correctly or is it left on Default? If Default has been reset to PC Speaker then this might be it.
What I meant in my second sentence here was "If Default has been reset to PC Speaker IN WINDOWS AUDIO DEVICES then this might be it".

Then follow the procedure I outlines to rest "Default" to Speakers (or whatever the output you want to set it to is labelled as)

Max