Attaching Recorded Videos

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
ka6fub

Attaching Recorded Videos

Unread post by ka6fub »

I just tried to post a message on the forums here and it did not allow add mp4 files. Is there a preferred method to attach recorded videos from Console to posts?

PD3LK

Re: Attaching Recorded Videos

Unread post by PD3LK »

Hi, you can put the mp4 somewhere in the cloud (Dropbox, OneDrive, ...) - put in the public share map - and share the link here.
73, Leon, PD3LK

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

best way is to upload to Youtube (if you have an account, easy enough to get one) and embed in a post here.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

Hasan_N0AN

Unread post by Hasan_N0AN »

A simple link to your Google Drive should work just fine.
Right click, Get Sharable Link, Share with Anyone > Copy

Here is an example of SDRC getting Hurricane Sally making landfall last night (WX2i decode)

73, N0AN
73, N0AN
Hasan

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

ka6fub wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:21 pm I just tried to post a message on the forums here and it did not allow add mp4 files. Is there a preferred method to attach recorded videos from Console to posts?
At the moment the forums software is running on a small i5 NUC in my computer room (backups every 2 hours). If I move to a commercial host then I can enable video uploads, but for my current residential internet I can't handle the bandwidth. A commercial move may happen but I may also have fibre into my house in a year which would be a far cheaper option.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!