Make a 1:1 copy

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
M*I*B

Make a 1:1 copy

Unread post by M*I*B »

Hello dear people,

I tried today to create a 1:1 copy from my stationary computer to my notebook in order to have exactly the same environment ready there.

Both devices run under exactly the same WIN10 22H2 and the current status and both devices use UHD as display resolution.
I installed the current BETA on the stationary system, and I would like to transfer the settings and interface 1:1 to the notebook.
For this I also installed the current BETA on the notebook and got it running with the AirSpy.
Then I closed both systems and copied the contents of the following folders to the notebook and had existing files overwritten:

C:\Program Files\SDR Radio\*
C:\Users\Micha\AppData\Roaming\SDR Console\*
C:\Users\Micha\AppData\Roaming\SDR-RADIO.com (V3)\*

The files are now completely identical on both systems.
Nevertheless, the settings on the notebook are still different from the stationary system. Only the "memories" are now also available on the notebook.

What did I miss? Are settings still written somewhere in the registry?
Greetz...
Micha

WB2ZXJ

Re: Make a 1:1 copy

Unread post by WB2ZXJ »

Hi Micha,

Have you tried the Backup and then Restore under the Tools menu? See attached.

Barry
WB2ZXJ
Attachments
Backup.jpg

Max

Unread post by Max »

M*I*B wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:50 pm Hello dear people,

I tried today to create a 1:1 copy from my stationary computer to my notebook in order to have exactly the same environment ready there.
Is there any reason you did not try Backup/Restore option? I think this may yield greater success. Yes, I think there are some registry values.

I don't recall exactly how, but I know I successfully fully transferred by SDRC when I did fresh Win11 install when I rebuilt this PC about 4 months ago. I am pretty sure I just used Backup/Restore option.
(Ribbon Bar>Tools>Backup)

Also see this:
https://www.sdr-radio.com/user-settings

Max

M*I*B

Unread post by M*I*B »

... uhhh, I'm not even aware that there is such a backup/restore function... Shame on me ^^
Thanks for the hint. I'll try that today (it's middle of the night here right now; the police were just gone because one of our motorbike was stolen from our yard...)
Greetz...
Micha

Max

Unread post by Max »

M*I*B wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:39 am ... uhhh, I'm not even aware that there is such a backup/restore function... Shame on me ^^
Thanks for the hint. I'll try that today (it's middle of the night here right now; the police were just gone because one of our motorbike was stolen from our yard...)
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it back.

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

WB2ZXJ wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:52 pm Hi Micha,

Have you tried the Backup and then Restore under the Tools menu? See attached.

Barry
WB2ZXJ
Sorry Barry. For some reason did not see your earlier answer when I duplicated the advice.

Max

M*I*B

Unread post by M*I*B »

Max wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:17 am Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it back.

Max
Yes, thank you very much... And in the meantime the bike (my daughter's) was found, albeit with considerable damage.
Luckily we have video surveillance in the yard and after reviewing the relevant period we were able to find the process; we know the two thieves (brothers). They have multiple criminal records and come from a local family known for such "acts", drug-related and other crimes... Time to lock them up and throw away the key... :evil:
Greetz...
Micha

Max

Unread post by Max »

M*I*B wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:33 am
Max wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:17 am Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it back.

Max
We know the two thieves (brothers). They have multiple criminal records and come from a local family known for such "acts", drug-related and other crimes... Time to lock them up and throw away the key... :evil:
I reckon everyone has their known local menaces! Glad you recovered it though.

Max

WB2ZXJ

Unread post by WB2ZXJ »

Hi Max,

Not a problem. I recently had to use a new email address (and user ID) and that answer was probably moderated
and the posting was delayed. I'm waiting for my access to the Test Team section of this Forum to be reinstated.
Patience is a virtue.

Barry
WB2ZXJ