no signals received

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
Lason

no signals received

Unread post by Lason »

The console is showing the spectrum with the odd spike but does not receive any signals on any frequency using sdr play or rtl sdr dongle.
there is audio noise and the squelch works in fact everything is ok but not receiving anything.
It worked ok with windows 7 but not with windows 10 or11

sdr uno works fine with both sdr receivers.

any advice please

Simon G4ELI

Re: no signals received

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Post a screenshot please.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Bet he has the front end gains cranked way down.

{^_^}

Lason

Unread post by Lason »

See the attached images of the spectrum for the sdr play and rtl sdr.
The gain is NOT turned down
The rtl sdr gives a blank screen with a wierd noise and the sdr play is as seen.
This all works well with windows 7 but not on my windows 10 upgrade.
Every other sdr applications work ok but not the console. It seem likely to be associated with the definitions
This seems to be unlikely to be PC related as nothing else would work.
Attachments
console sdr play.jpg
console rtl sdr.jpg

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

You may wanna add a few zeros (0's) to the frequency!
You are attempting to listen to 156.7 kHz not 156.7MHz on FM.
Set the gain to 6 or 7 for starters, IF Gain (attenuation) to -30dB and Visual Gain to 0 or 5dB.

Here's my RSP1A on a 210' EFW (not good for VHF) and the multicoupler doesn't allow VHF/UHF signals to pass:

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Attachments
Screenshot-2023-04-26-102029.jpeg
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

Lason

Unread post by Lason »

Yes my mistake on the frequency but as I said before is still valid, there is NO receive.
I am going to have to restore windows 7 until I can see a way around this. I need it working for Q100 use.

Max

Unread post by Max »

Lason wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:31 am See the attached images of the spectrum for the sdr play and rtl sdr.
The gain is NOT turned down
The rtl sdr gives a blank screen with a wierd noise and the sdr play is as seen.
When you post screenshots please do NOT crop them off. Although it may not be relevant information in this particular case in both screenshots you have cropped off the bottom info/status information and in one of them you've also cropped off the title bar. Just take the screenshot using the screenshot tool and post the image exactly as captured. If if you must take a Windows screengrab, maximise the window to full screen and include the whole SDRC window screen top to bottom and left to right so that we see also as much of the RX DSP panel as possible. On what I assume is the RTL-SDR it does not appear to be running at all, but we can't see because you chopped top and bottom so we don't see the radio status or any of the ribbon bar settings. Also make sure to have "Home" tab selected in the ribbon bar at top.

https://www.sdr-radio.com/screenshot

Max