Configuration SDRplay1A+SDRconsole (V3.2)+Cw Skimmer (2.1) Help

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
luigi

Re: Configuration SDRplay1A+SDRconsole (V3.2)+Cw Skimmer (2.1) Help

Unread post by luigi »

I do remember that sometimes to get a sensible display in Skimmer I often had to make a small "Zoom" adjustment (yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees)
exactly, it's not normal, Simon should devote himself a little to the synchronization with CW Skimmer, very tortuous in the setting
For now I surrender I lay down my weapons.
Max you were very kind, my call is IK8HCG

Max

Unread post by Max »

luigi wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:52 pm I do remember that sometimes to get a sensible display in Skimmer I often had to make a small "Zoom" adjustment (yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees)
exactly, it's not normal, Simon should devote himself a little to the synchronization with CW Skimmer, very tortuous in the setting
For now I surrender I lay down my weapons.
Max you were very kind, my call is IK8HCG
NP Luigi. I will try and get mine running soon and get back to you with my settings.

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

I just found these screengrabs of my settings I made before I transferred computers (see attached images). I don't know if any use? For sure CW Skimmer worked 100% fine with these settings on my setup. Radio is Hermes Lite 2 SDR.

Good luck.

Max
Attachments
SDRC-CWS.jpg
CWS3.jpg
CWS2.jpg
CWS1.jpg

luigi

Unread post by luigi »

max
send me the link where download your Virtual Cable software, i'm running VB audio

luigi

Unread post by luigi »

the CW skimmer always recognizes the center of the Panadapter window as the frequency.
example: I open SDRC which reads 14.130 panadapter Spam more or less 14.000 - 14.280, the Cw skimmer is positioned at 14.137.
Freq. (21mhz) SDRC read freq. 21.130, Panadapter window Spam more or less 21.070 - 21.340, CW skimmer read 21.206.
it works but the CW skimmer reading frequency always on the center frequency of the SDRC Panadapter window.
If the Spam is 200 khz CwSkimmer read Mhz... and the center of Spam 200 khz (100Kz)

after CW skimmer I tried to interface SDRC with my Easy log software. the same does not work, I believe the problem is in SDRC there is no other explanation or in the last upgrade of OmniRig

Max

Unread post by Max »

luigi wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:52 pm after CW skimmer I tried to interface SDRC with my Easy log software. the same does not work, I believe the problem is in SDRC there is no other explanation or in the last upgrade of OmniRig
https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/

I don't think that your issue is anything to do with the VAC. You say signal arrives fine with CWS. Must be COM/Omnirig issue surely?

You should NOT use Omnirig, latest version. I believe it has many problem issues/incompatibilities.

You need Omnirig 1.2:

http://www.dxatlas.com/OmniRig/

I have SDR Console serial port working perfectly with many other programs. N1MM+, Log4OM, CWS, CSVUB, etc. etc. etc.

Don't use any other version of Omnirig. Could that be the issue?

Actually I seem to be running 1.19 but it works just fine.

I really do not remember clearly if it was ever possible to tune Skimmer from the SDRC end apart from the initial band selection? Sorry, I cannot confirm it just now. Must be others on here using CSW with SDRC surely?

Max
OmniRIg.jpg
OmniRIg.jpg (23.57 KiB) Viewed 667 times

luigi

Unread post by luigi »

Hi Max
let's not waste any more time
i also put back the old version of omnirig. I think the problem is between SDRC and Omnirig I am convinced.
I also looked on you tube but never seen a regular setting between the two software. the connection of the Cat with Cw skimmer at the first start is ok but it always reads the central frequency of the Panadapter, as soon as you click on a call it loses communication. When you have time check, for now I'm bored hi hi

tnx for your support anyway