DX Cluster

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
G3TKF

DX Cluster

Unread post by G3TKF »

First Posting to new Forum - so apolgise if I get it wrong!

Trying to get DX Cluster to display spots and wanted to set filters at local Cluster GB7BAA ... (Don't need to see a spot by a JA3 of his local on 10m !) I can't see anyway to type commands into the Cluster from SDRConsole - have I missed it or is it still under development ? Any updates on Dx Cluster since 3.0.24 ?

Robin
G3TKF

Simon G4ELI

Re: DX Cluster

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Hi Robin,

In the DX Cluster window click the ellipses button. In the Properties edit the Preamble, this is where you define any configuration. I've never applied filters myself but anything you can do is available here.
Cluster 1.jpg
Cluster 2.jpg
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

Can't remember what software BAA is using - here I use GB7DXS, set my filters once and thats it.

What I also do here is use VE7CC cluster interface software (which acts like a cluster node on your own machine) - use that to connect to your cluster of choice, then any instance of SDRC, logging software etc connect to the instance of VE7CC.

Depending on the software your cluster is using, VE7CC can do the filtering for you.. you tell VE7CC, VE7CC tells the cluster.

Worth checking out.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

G0OFE wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:19 am Can't remember what software BAA is using - here I use GB7DXS, set my filters once and thats it.

What I also do here is use VE7CC cluster interface software (which acts like a cluster node on your own machine) - use that to connect to your cluster of choice, then any instance of SDRC, logging software etc connect to the instance of VE7CC.

Depending on the software your cluster is using, VE7CC can do the filtering for you.. you tell VE7CC, VE7CC tells the cluster.

Worth checking out.
Ah - I have been thinking about writing a DX Cluster node with Visual Studio C++ to get away from Perl and have flexibility for the future.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!