Ads appearing when searching

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
Jim GM4CXF

Ads appearing when searching

Unread post by Jim GM4CXF »

Ok, I realise that you need a bit of income from ads on here but, when I did a simple search across the entire site it presented me with a couple of ads for dating sites :o . Any chance you can refine the type of ads served up, e.g. more closely related to the purpose of the forum?

Ta much.

Simon G4ELI

Re: Ads appearing when searching

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Jim GM4CXF wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:32 am Ok, I realise that you need a bit of income from ads on here but, when I did a simple search across the entire site it presented me with a couple of ads for dating sites :o . Any chance you can refine the type of ads served up, e.g. more closely related to the purpose of the forum?

Ta much.
Hi,

It'll show dating ads if someone with your IP has been looking. The ads come from Google and it's based on cookies from other websites. After the builders had been using my Wi-Fi I saw some most interesting stuff for a few weeks!
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Jim GM4CXF

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure that she-who-must-be-obeyed would take a pretty dim view of that. *looks furtively over shoulder*

Thanks Simon. Two possible culprits (excluding missus!) so maybe time to clear out the cache
and keep an eye open for future surprise ads ;-)

Simon G4ELI

Jim GM4CXF wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:35 pm Hmmm. I'm pretty sure that she-who-must-be-obeyed would take a pretty dim view of that. *looks furtively over shoulder*

Thanks Simon. Two possible culprits (excluding missus!) so maybe time to clear out the cache
and keep an eye open for future surprise ads ;-)
Sorry, clearing the cache will not help - some sites like CNN offer up dating ads, as soon as you or 'er indoors clicks on one ad you're being stalked for ever!
www.sdr-radio.com

Jim GM4CXF

I'll just have to do it the long winded way then, and tweak the ad options whenever they appear. Might take a year or two.

Anyway, about your builders ... 8-)

Simon G4ELI

Jim GM4CXF wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:09 pm I'll just have to do it the long winded way then, and tweak the ad options whenever they appear. Might take a year or two.

Anyway, about your builders ... 8-)
It's when you're directed to 'Stud-Muffins from Glasgow' that you should be worried :) .
www.sdr-radio.com

Jim GM4CXF

Dammit, I thought I'd deleted that entire website *quiet cursing in background* :lol: :lol:

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

There is always https://duckduckgo.com for "those" sites. (And it seems to be amusingly less prone to politically correct bias on the links it returns.)

{^_-}