Forum Delete message

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
BM46

Re: Forum Supprimer le message

Unread post by BM46 »

OK Johan
But a real moderator or the real person in charge of the forum to him surely this right and inevitably on condition that he wants it well. That is the question
Still, I made a very nice request!
Removing duplicate messages saves a little space and makes it easier to track the topic in question
Best regards
Bernard

G0OFE

Re: Forum Delete message

Unread post by G0OFE »

In some situations, only an admin can delete a duplicate post.

If anyone needs/wants a duplicate post removed and can't remove it themselves, please leave a request with a link in the "Forum" subforum so that one of the team can act on it.

Generally, if I see a duplicate post in the same thread, I will usually remove it to keep things tidy.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

BM46

Re: Forum Supprimer le message

Unread post by BM46 »

Jdow
Thank-you for your information
Bernard

m3ghe

Unread post by m3ghe »

jdow wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:38 am Martin, it's been explained here many times. You cannot delete a post after it has comments to the thread past the post.

Once I've commented here, your immediately previous post cannot be removed. There is a good reason for this. It is a very effective flame war preventative. Nobody can post something inflammatory, get a response, remove the inflammatory post, and reply to the response, "I never said that!" (Way back in the day that is one of the things that made BIX much better than GEnie and CIS. The latter allowed profligate message erasure. BIX did not, to the massive irritation of people who liked provoking flame wars.

{^_^}
I don't think you properly read peoples responses, you obviously didn't read my last one or you wouldn't have made such an obtuse reply.

Merry Christmas.
Martin
m3ghe
IO92sc
G-QRP club 6129
Use my online radios http://remoteradio.myddns.me/ or http://remoteradio.changeip.org/

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

m3ghe wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:34 pm
jdow wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:38 am Martin, it's been explained here many times. You cannot delete a post after it has comments to the thread past the post.

Once I've commented here, your immediately previous post cannot be removed. There is a good reason for this. It is a very effective flame war preventative. Nobody can post something inflammatory, get a response, remove the inflammatory post, and reply to the response, "I never said that!" (Way back in the day that is one of the things that made BIX much better than GEnie and CIS. The latter allowed profligate message erasure. BIX did not, to the massive irritation of people who liked provoking flame wars.

{^_^}
I don't think you properly read peoples responses, you obviously didn't read my last one or you wouldn't have made such an obtuse reply.

Merry Christmas.
Supposedly forums do not need quotes for context. I was replying to G0OFE. I had not gotten to BM46's message.

Thanks for helping me prove a point. ALWAYS, even if there is a "context" present, quote the portion of the context to which you are specifically replying. This goes for this forum especially. But it is in practical terms also necessary on mailing lists of all kinds.

{^_-}

G4ZFQ

Unread post by G4ZFQ »

I agree with everything you say:-)
Alan