No 'Pluto-SDR' Radios Found V 3.0.24

Also known as ADALM-PLUTO.
gordon_w0run

No 'Pluto-SDR' Radios Found V 3.0.24

Unread post by gordon_w0run »

I recently had my venerable laptop degrade to the point where it is useless. I bought a new one. Both are Dell XPS-15s, running Windows 10, 64 bit. I had SDR Console 3.0.21 on the old PC, and installed 3.0.24 on my new one.
The old one worked fine with both an AirSpy and and ADALM-Pluto. On the new one the AirsPy works great, but I get a message about "No 'Pluto-SDR' Radios Found.
Checking in Device Manager I can see a COM port and a USB drive with a folder called img. True on both PCs when the Pluto is connected.
I can connect to the COM port using a terminal program on my new one and get the prompt:

Welcome to Pluto

pluto login:

I suppose I could revert to 3.0.21 on my new PC, but it would be great to be up to date!

I tried searching the Forums but got no hits.
Attachments
SDR Console tmp.txt
(15.15 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

jdow

Re: No 'Pluto-SDR' Radios Found V 3.0.24

Unread post by jdow »

Have you run the Pluto software install? The iio driver is required at the very least.
{^_^}

gordon_w0run

Yes, all the appropriate things are there in Device Manager.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

OK, I presume under Disk Drives you have the "Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device" and under "Universal Serial Bus devices" you have the IIO. I am running with IIO version 6.1.7600.16385. Everything works for me. I have USB plugged into the left connector and external USB power connector on the right hand connector. It works nicely to the extent I just tested. (No antenna. It is on something else for testing.) I just double checked and the definitions panel does find the PlutoSDR.

If you have that much the cable might be questioned and the connectors might be questioned. Are you seeing the "PlutoSDR" drive? If not that suggests a cable or connector failure.

Is this a new virgin install or did you copy the AppData\Roaming data and registry data over? (One without the other could give you strange results.)

{^_^}

gordon_w0run

Got it! I was not using the second (power) USB. It was not necessary on my old PC, but apparently this one doesn't have enough USB power on the data connector. Your comment made me try this, so thanks very much. Apparently you should always use that second connector.
Mischief managed!