Problem to make Pluto work whit SDR-console when changing to external ref

Also known as ADALM-PLUTO.
SM2OAN

Problem to make Pluto work whit SDR-console when changing to external ref

Unread post by SM2OAN »

Hi

I have used SDR console and a pluto revD for QO-100 RX which have worked perfekt with a BullsEye and locked to the mid beacon. I now plan to use the pluto for TX also so I connected a leo bodnar GPDSO set to 40 MHz to the external clock input and used the two commands fw_setenv refclk_source external and fw_setenv ad936x_ext_refclk_override 40000000.

but when I connect again with SDR console i got the beacons at wrong frequencies and somehow the whole spectra is compressed, the audio is not good either. see attaced printsceens

I haven't been able to find any information about this topic on the Internet, any help would be appriciated.

73 de mike/sm2oan
Attachments
spectra with int clock
spectra with int clock
spectra with ext clock
spectra with ext clock

jdow

Re: Problem to make Pluto work whit SDR-console when changing to external ref

Unread post by jdow »

It looks like you have different settings in the two pictures. Since nobody can see what your settings are but you it's pure guesswork. (Show the settings pane. Flood us with data. Too much is better than none at all.)

In the mean time make very sure you have the GPSDO set to 40 MHz. And also test on a different SDR program like HDSDR to see if it agrees with SDRC or with what you think it should show.

{^_^}

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Just FWIW the CPU seems quite high - try with a lower bandwidth. Doesn't explain the problem though.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

SM2OAN

Unread post by SM2OAN »

Hi

Thank you for your answers, I forgot to enable notifications so I did not know that the post was approved and I had got answers

I solved the problem, the strange behaviour was caused by to strong 40 MHz clock signal from the GPSDO. When I added a 6dB attenuator to the clock signal all was OK again.

The settings in SDR console was exactly the same in both cases so it looked really strange.

73 de mike