Spectrum not showing full bandwidth

Also known as ADALM-PLUTO.
G3WDG

Spectrum not showing full bandwidth

Unread post by G3WDG »

Hi All

Now that my start/stop problem is solved (thanks excellent Forum!) I have another issue to bother you with.

Same Pluto, but older lower performance PC.

The issue is a spectrum/waterfall that has lower bandwidth than expected. As far as I can see all settings are the same as work on my higher performance machine, and I have changed away from Manual gain. Attached are screenshot and log file. [Both were captured when RX gain was set to Manual, but changing that does not affect the issue with this PC.]

I have tried all 3 available USB ports with same result.

When the radio starts, briefly the spectrum is wider but then settles to that shown in the screenshot. Could this be just very poor USB performance?

I haven't tried powering Pluto externally yet, btw.

Charlie G3WDG
Attachments
SDR Console tmp.txt
(38.32 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Screenshot-2020-10-29-095930.png

Jean

Re: Spectrum not showing full bandwidth

Unread post by Jean »

Hello Charlie,

Your screenshot shows the "RX-Filter" slider set to 24%. Please try setting this to 100% and you should see the entire 500kHz as selected by your bandwidth setting. (Apart from some inherent dropdown at the bandwidth edges).

73 Jean DJ0VL

G3WDG

Unread post by G3WDG »

Hello Jean

You saved the day again - many thanks!!

Second PC now working perfectly. Not sure how that slider got adjusted - probably finger trouble here.

73 Charlie G3WDG

Jean

Unread post by Jean »

Hello Charlie,

Glad to help and read that your setup is working as expected. Yes, there are so many adjustments in this beautiful software that it's easy to get one wrong by accident.

73 Jean DJ0VL