Please test my server

Announce the status of your server(s) here please.
PD3LK

Please test my server

Unread post by PD3LK »

Can someone report if my server is working alright?
212.187.10.14 login/pass = free/free

I can connect to my own server but get kicked after say 30sec with a message: no activity and console is not realy starting.
It looks like it starts but waterfall and FFT keeps black. Thanks Leon

vk2lx

Re: Please test my server

Unread post by vk2lx »

I just get a splash screen with this message -
Web Station has been enabled. To finish setting up your website, please see the "Web Service" section of DSM Help.

Cheers
Grant

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Works for me, but severely stutters on bandwidths above 100 kHz.
30kHz bandwidth is fine. Slow upload speed to your ISP?

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Thanks a lot both! I think this explains something to me... DSM is the webserver of one of my Synology diskstation's.
That server has to run or i can't enter him for maintanance but i just disconnected the unit until saturday.
If this makes SDRC Server faster then i'll now where to look for.

Still curious Kris, can you connect with your own SDRC Server when the client is on the same computer?
As said, i can't but i'm not sure if that is normal or if it's an issue with SDRplay's in general.

UPDATE: it has been solved, i can connect to my own SDRC Server again. :shock:
I never ever had to change this router setting before but now it did the trick: "Block Damaged IP block's" needs to be set off (unchecked). Can you check the speed again Kriss? I think it went up too... thanks again!

m3ghe

Unread post by m3ghe »

Works fine for me glitch free up to 200kHz bandwidth, after that it starts to stutter. Although 500kHz is usable a lot of the time.
MF reception is nice.
Martin
m3ghe
IO92sc
G-QRP club 6129
Use my online radios http://remoteradio.myddns.me/ or http://remoteradio.changeip.org/

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

m3ghe wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:33 am Works fine for me glitch free up to 200kHz bandwidth, after that it starts to stutter. Although 500kHz is usable a lot of the time.
MF reception is nice.
Glad to hear that OM, thank for the report!

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Getting intermittent stuttering (audio and visual) on 30 kHz, proceeds to get worse with higher BW's.

Yes, I can run all my servers from the laptop to which are are operating from. My usual listening station is the laptop in the kitchen, which happens to be Super Station #1. I randomly connect to one of my 5 servers, just to make sure they are functioning properly when I want to monitor the bands. I rarely connect to my SDRPlay though, prefer the Airspy HF Discoveries or the SDR-iq's due to there are too many options to choose from that will severely hamper it's operation. Plus, when one connects, the settings from the previous user are used on the next user. So if somebody doesn't know how to use the radio, it takes time to get all the settings back to a reasonable radio. Took me a while to get tame the high signal levels on your RXR, and choose the proper antenna. Hint- You may want to offer suggestions in the Comments section of the 'On Air' tab of the Server Service. I can't seem to get the noise floor below S-8/9 without severely reducing hearing/seeing anything.

Example 20M in attachment

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Attachments
Screenshot-2021-01-06-084417.png
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Hi Kriss, thank for testing again.

The connected antenne on the RSP2 is a old active HF antenne (DX10) that has a problem but it still works good below ~10Mhz and very good between 10 Kz and 2 Mhz. It's therefore my favorite ant for DNB "hunting". But i suspect it has been damaged a while ago (static?), lot of noise above 2Mhz and almost not sensitive above 10Mhz. It is a sealed tube, no chance to open it without damaging.

At the moment i have no real alternative, i have 2 other active HF antenna's laying on my desk but's to cold outside, they have to wait until spring.
Furthermore there is an ML30+ outside but that one is not high enough, to much qrm from chargers from several neigbers, and they are just worthless below 1 Mhz and above 15 Mhz. There's also a YouLoop but that needs a pre amp, realy worthless without one. So, everything needs to be replaced this spring.

Other's are a HF vertical and 10-20-40 end-fed but i keep those for TX.

Just arived and also waiting for better weather is a HF20A antenna from (where else) China.
If that one works good on 10-20-40 (TX) then i'll dump the vertical too and replace it for this mil groundplane antenne.
I used one when i was younger, very good for reception on LF-HF and very strong. Much better than a small active antenna and, above the roof, much less qrm.
Attachments
MP-68b.jpg

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Kriss,

I listened to your advise and added some "how to use" info to the server login.

I had the same stuttering when i was listning to one of your remote radio's so i searched further and solved it :)
It was also a setting in my (ISP) router firewall: IP Flooding detection must also be off.
(picture for those who have the same router) Thanks again
Attachments
Router FW settings.JPG

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

As of 1200z on Jan 8th, 2021

Still have stuttering on 50 kHz and higher BWs.
50 Will often start OK, but after a short time (<1 minute), it begins to stutter intermittently.
What's the max upload your ISP provides?
Do you have compression turned on in the Network tab of the Server Service app? That will cut the upload bandwidth
to nearly half!
If all my servers were in use at max usable BW at the same time, I'd be bumping the upload limit here (50Mbps up, 100Mbps down). Luckily,
many users operate on the lower BW's, except when they are chasing FM DX. :lol:

73 es have a good weekend!

Kriss KA1GJU