KA1GJU Superstations back online...

Announce the status of your server(s) here please.
KA1GJU

KA1GJU Superstations back online...

Unread post by KA1GJU »

While overhead NYC at 37,000', I could see a line of weather approaching the KA1GJU QTH both visually and with the onboard radar. The race was on!
I had my wife (N1YGF) pull the power and internet on the servers attached to the two Rohn25 lightning attractors. No hits and all servers back online!

Sorry if somebody got disconnected mid-stream, but I have to protect my investment in SDR's, laptops, and Ethernet switches!

Good weather and no storms in forecast!

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

KA1GJU

Re: KA1GJU Superstations back online...

Unread post by KA1GJU »

New (to me) W10 Laptop installed on KA1GJU Super Station #4. The little W7 64bit Netbook just couldn't handle the Airspy R2, so I have that back on line along with the Airspy HF+ Dual Port and the Airspy HF Discovery. The R2 is sharing a 2M/440 Diamond X-500 at 50' AGL on the tower (293' MSL) with the Airspy Dual Port, so you can hear down into Boston, MA. The HF antenna for the HF+ Dual Port is the Force 12 C3 triband beam but appears to function from 10Mhz on up, and Discovery is an inverted vee for 160M. Antennas are in the radio selection text when choosing an SDR, so it should be self explanatory.
NOTE ===>> When I am operating locally, or one of the three remote HF bases are in operation, the HF antennas gets disconnected due to the proximity of my TX antennas! <<===

Lately it's been Sundays at 1400z to about 1500z on 3.895 Mhz as I am usually Net Control for the Seacoast Net.

Please advise here if there are any issues/questions or email direct at ka1gju(at)arrl.net

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Home of the Super Stations!
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)