RTL SDR & SDR Console

💬 Chat about SDR or radios in general.
kb4vwa

RTL SDR & SDR Console

Unread post by kb4vwa »

I'm new to the group and will read past posts to see if I can find my answer, but wanting to know if RTL-SDR V3 with SDR Console to monitor shortwave down to 75 meter 3.995 is doable? I see signal on the waterfall, but cannot decode the audio. Followed the instructions for changing to some parameter to go below 15 Mhz, and nothing.

I was hoping to save lots of time and find someone with success to send me configuration settings for my task.

Thank you

Ed - KB4VWA

jdow

Re: RTL SDR & SDR Console

Unread post by jdow »

Pictures are called for here. Without them - we cannot help you because we cannot see your error.

That said, do not expect very much from this mode as broadcast stations are usually strong enough to make receiving other things er "challenging."

{o.o}

kb4vwa

Unread post by kb4vwa »

Update: As of today, I have abandoned HDSDR & HRD. Now using SDR Console 3.0.27 and all is working except I cannot get "External Radio option" under view within SDR Console to take and display within DSP window pane. I am running latest version of SDR Console 3.0.27 and Omni-rig 2.1

Any suggestions?

Thanks

73's

Ed KB4VWA

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Does this pict provide any help?
73 Leon
Attachments
Ext Radio.png

kb4vwa

Unread post by kb4vwa »

Leon,

Thank you. Yes, I fixed the problem, but only after re-installing Omni-rig, the External Radio would show up in my DSP pane.

Thank you

73's

Ed

kb4vwa

Unread post by kb4vwa »

PD3LK wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:11 am Does this pict provide any help?
73 Leon

BTW, I am now using SDRPlay, much better receiver.

Ed

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Glad you saw the 'light'! :D I was going to tell you to buy a real SDR versus an $11 SDR dongle, but didn't want to come across as an arse. :oops:
I'm partial to the Airspy units due to the simplicity of operation and lack of being overwhelmed with AM BC signals on the first and second harmonic. Not to mention
I have MANY operating as SDRC Servers on my SDR server farm here in NH.

Operation is simple due to only ONE variable setting of visual gain, versus the SDRPlay's THREE variable settings. The Airspy has high and low AGC and is never touched, and the pre-amp is only used on 20M and above. I have to run the SDRPlay IF Gain in manual mode due to the AGC pumping when strong pulsed signals within the selected bandwidth, such as a strong CW station.
See the attachment for comparison between the two. The Airspy is on the left, SDR Play on the right using the same antenna via an HF multicoupler. I have four SDR's feeding from one large antenna, so it's easy to compare side by side various SDR's.

Enjoy the new SDR!

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Home of the Super Station SDRC Servers in NH
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)