Radiosonda

đź’¬ Chat about SDR or radios in general.
Romulo José da Silva

Radiosonda

Unread post by Romulo JosĂ© da Silva »

Good Morning. I use sdrconsole v3 for almost all my receptions. Lately I tried to use sdrconsole v3 to receive radiosondes without success. The generated waveform does not allow me a good reception. I believe it is some configuration that is not right. When I use SdrSharp the wave is correct. Here is the attached video. If anyone can help me I appreciate it.
Attachments
20220110_093712.mp4
(9.29 MiB) Downloaded 61 times

Max

Re: Radiosonda

Unread post by Max »

Romulo José da Silva wrote: ↑Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:58 pm Good Morning. I use sdrconsole v3 for almost all my receptions. Lately I tried to use sdrconsole v3 to receive radiosondes without success. The generated waveform does not allow me a good reception. I believe it is some configuration that is not right. When I use SdrSharp the wave is correct. Here is the attached video. If anyone can help me I appreciate it.
Hi Romulo

Looks like no signal getting to the decoder via VB-Audio cable. I have tried VB Audio with SDR Console and for some reason SDRC is the one program I never managed to get to send signal via VB-Audio. Believe me I've tried! It's really odd as I can get VB-Audio to work with every other Windows 10 program I've tried, just not SDR Console.

I changed my VAC to the original VAC by Eugene Muzychenko:
https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/

I suggest you download the trial version of VAC. It will allow you to see the signal getting thru but it has an audio "watermark" on the trial version so need to buy the full version to use fully, but there are many discount codes out there. But the trial version will at least allow you to see if this is the issue, which I strongly suspect it is.

My guess is that Muzychenko VAC will solve your issue. Out of interest do you, like me, have Realtek onboard audio soundcard? My motherboard is an ASUS.

Max

khut

Unread post by khut »

You have to set RX, W-FM in the SDRConsole.
This setting works.
N-FM doesn't work here.
I use SondeMonitor version 6.2.3.5 (COAA)
I wish you success.

Romulo José da Silva

Unread post by Romulo JosĂ© da Silva »

Max wrote: ↑Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:16 pm
Romulo José da Silva wrote: ↑Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:58 pm Good Morning. I use sdrconsole v3 for almost all my receptions. Lately I tried to use sdrconsole v3 to receive radiosondes without success. The generated waveform does not allow me a good reception. I believe it is some configuration that is not right. When I use SdrSharp the wave is correct. Here is the attached video. If anyone can help me I appreciate it.
Hi Romulo

Looks like no signal getting to the decoder via VB-Audio cable. I have tried VB Audio with SDR Console and for some reason SDRC is the one program I never managed to get to send signal via VB-Audio. Believe me I've tried! It's really odd as I can get VB-Audio to work with every other Windows 10 program I've tried, just not SDR Console.

I changed my VAC to the original VAC by Eugene Muzychenko:
https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/

I suggest you download the trial version of VAC. It will allow you to see the signal getting thru but it has an audio "watermark" on the trial version so need to buy the full version to use fully, but there are many discount codes out there. But the trial version will at least allow you to see if this is the issue, which I strongly suspect it is.

My guess is that Muzychenko VAC will solve your issue. Out of interest do you, like me, have Realtek onboard audio soundcard? My motherboard is an ASUS.

Max
Good afternoon Max. I also use an integrated sound card.