Anyone using IC-7100 with SDR Console?

💬 Chat about SDR or radios in general.
Max

Anyone using IC-7100 with SDR Console?

Unread post by Max »

Reluctantly admitting I need a quick solution to VHF/UHF operation for the summer and considering IC-7100 as a solve all for 6m/4m/2m/70cms until the day I can get my Hermes Lite 2 working with some older transverters I have. They all need mods of one sort or another, mostly for stability.

In the meantime, wonder if anyone successfully used/uses IC-7100 with SDRC? I know it needs a fairly well documented mod to tap the IF for panadapter use. Just wondered if anyone on here has done it + any comments/tips/tricks.

Max

tony1tf

Re: Anyone using IC-7100 with SDR Console?

Unread post by tony1tf »

Havn't logged on for a time, so only just saw your post. I've been using an IC-7100 for some time with an IF tap and an AirSpy R2 SDR with HDSDR for display and control. I've also used it into SDR Console and it works OK on receive, but I havn't used it for control of the radio.

Tony

Max

Re: Anyone using IC-7100 with SDR Console?

Unread post by Max »

tony1tf wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:18 pm Havn't logged on for a time, so only just saw your post. I've been using an IC-7100 for some time with an IF tap and an AirSpy R2 SDR with HDSDR for display and control. I've also used it into SDR Console and it works OK on receive, but I havn't used it for control of the radio.

Tony
Thank you Tony for responding. Been so busy with other things I did not pursue this but have not ruled it out as I think the 7100 looks a great "all rounder" package. Since I posted this I saw quite a few examples of the IF tap so guess all is feasible for full TX/RX.

All the best

Max