SDR Console v.3.2 32-bit installed, Media-Tech usb RTL dongle installed, recognized, no signal at all

💬 Chat about SDR or radios in general.
GlobalInnovator

SDR Console v.3.2 32-bit installed, Media-Tech usb RTL dongle installed, recognized, no signal at all

Unread post by GlobalInnovator »

SDR Console v.3.2 32-bit installed, Media-Tech usb RTL dongle installed, recognized, no signal at all (Windows 7)

Is there any way to check if any signal is received ?

RTL Dongle USB - unknown 20 -2000Mhz (drivers installed)

dBm meter set at -140.0

thank you
darius

jdow

Re: SDR Console v.3.2 32-bit installed, Media-Tech usb RTL dongle installed, recognized, no signal at all

Unread post by jdow »

ONCE is enough. And, yes, I am feeling irritable just now. (And, I am not Simon so don't blame him.)
{^_^}

GlobalInnovator

Re: SDR Console v.3.2 32-bit installed, Media-Tech usb RTL dongle installed, recognized, no signal at all

sorry for the bug
it looks like 2 sessions got opened for the same subject
I can edit the second post to remove content

GlobalInnovator

sorry for the bug
it looks like 2 sessions got opened for the same subject
I can edit the second post to remove content

--
Oh, I see

When I have posted a new post
and went back in web browser to get SDR Chat forum back,
my edited and sent post remains still open, as now
and Submit button is active (suggesting resend or 1st send was not successful)

darius

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

This modern stuff is not as good as the stuff we used back in the late 80s and early 90s. Simplicity has its benefits.

{^_-} (GlobalSleep time.)

GlobalInnovator

It took me 2 nights to rethink the problem and I suspect, a solution is easy.

I was donated Media-Tech RTB usb dongle alone, no remote control attached.

Dongle recognized, installed but it seems, DVB-T usb dongle needs to be set ON with remote control to work.

Remote control from alike dongle (the same brand but shorted version), sends control codes (verified with smartphone's camera)
but not recognized, so I need to buy another RTL dongle, coming with remote control
to make things to work.

I must be ready before Friday evening to succeed before my girlfriend is coming to verify, I am success man or not ;)

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

A quick look suggests that Media Tech dongles are never going to work. They make WiFi dongles.
{^_^}

G4ZFQ

Unread post by G4ZFQ »

Forget remote controls, no genuine RTL dongle uses one.
Even if they did they would not work as the dongle is repurposed with a different driver and software.
It seems you do not have a genuine RTL dongle.

Avoid fakes.
Look here https://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-quick-start-guide/ get a genuine RTL dongle.
Then you will have something that works.
Alan